Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th June 2019, 11:32   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy 1953 View Post
Hi steve, I am in south Wales, near Carmarthen, Where would I get the re-map done in this area?.
Thanks
Roy.
HI Roy.
I don't know of anyone near you, maybe someone might on here? but personally I would be posting off my ECU to one of the guru's, Brian, Russ or trikey it is usually a three day turn round, the car will be transformed, also stick with the 160 made for these cars, MAF less map's I personally do not like to much smoke thrown out on boost, with the 160 you should get nine

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 18:22   #12
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

I've been thinking about getting my 1.8T connie remapped, but as soon as I think about it, something else seems to break! Pigging Exhaust manifold gasket has gone now, but this summer, I'm definitely going to get it done. Just don't know by whom, where, how much it will cost, how much it will improve anything and if it will reduce my MPG by a lot.
I'm going to keep watching this thread for info. And coz it's interesting.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 20:26   #13
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Wyn Fellowes had/has a t4 and runs a garage somewhere in the Swansea area.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 20:47   #14
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts

Wyn is member Eurorover and was on the Forum today. Send him a PM and E-mail. He has a T4 but may not do 160 remap.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 17:31   #15
Guardian50
Avid contributor

2004 Facelift MKII MG ZT+ 2.0 CDTI Auto 160 bhp in Aquamarine-Goodwood Green (HQM)

Default Remap

I live near Oxford, so for me Phil-T4 was the nearest in Milton Keynes. He did a T4 health check then remapped my ZT 135+ to 160 bhp. I had it done about 2 years ago and it made a lot of difference to the acceleration. My journey back home was so much fun. The car felt smoother and the pickup was great. I have noticed no difference in mpg. My ZT is the CDTI Auto. I was a little concerned as my cars mileage at the time was 160,000 its now on 171,500 and still running perfectly. Apart from servicing the car the only thing I did at the time was to remove the EGR and give it a thorough cleaning. I have now got used to the extra acceleration but so glad I had it done. It made my car feel much more modern to me and its so much easier to keep up with modern traffic. My faithful old ZT has surprised many a modern car owner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Owner of a 2004 model Aquamarine Goodwood Green (HQM) MG ZT+ CDTI 160bhp Auto MKII Facelift
It is the 11th of a total of 88 Goodwood Green diesel facelift ZT saloons to be built (there were 65 facelift diesel Goodwood Green ZT Tourers built too)The car was the 55th of 73 MG ZTs to come off the line that day.5 saloons were fitted with Green Alcantara, this was the first of those 5, only two were automatics, this being one.
Guardian50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 18:33   #16
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Roy.
I don't know of anyone near you, maybe someone might on here? but personally I would be posting off my ECU to one of the guru's, Brian, Russ or trikey it is usually a three day turn round, the car will be transformed, also stick with the 160 made for these cars, MAF less map's I personally do not like to much smoke thrown out on boost, with the 160 you should get nine
Quote:
Hi steve, I am in south Wales, near Carmarthen, Where would I get the re-map done in this area?.
Thanks
Roy.
Roy,
I'm in south wales soon for the father day weekend funnily enough. Over Swansea way if that's any good for you?

Arctic,
I don't like smoke either, that's why I don't tune them like that unless asked for and even then I try to explain why it's not a good idea.
MAFless doesn't have to smoke, you can have a MAF based tune run more smoke that a MAFless one...
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 22:49   #17
roy 1953
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Wyn at eurorover did re-map and health check which found everything in spec, car certainly feels better and smoother, will see how it behaves now.
Roy.
roy 1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 00:59   #18
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Wyn at eurorover did re-map and health check which found everything in spec, car certainly feels better and smoother, will see how it behaves now.
Roy.
Hi Roy.
Nice to hear you got sorted out Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 08:02   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Hi
While the performance of my connie diesel 130 auto is adequate, how much difference will a 160 map make in day to day use, also is the textured coating on the bottom of the sills ordinary stone chip or similar.
Thanks again,
Roy
Roy,
I have had a CDT (116BHP) remapped to 160 and have a CDTi (135 BHP).
The CDT was a dog and particularly as I tow a caravan the re-map to 160 has made the world of difference. Less gear changing, better acceleration, better hill climbing with the caravan in tow. It was not very good solo either.

The CDTi is noticeably livelier then a CDT is standard format.
I think the remap performance does depend on your use. Sitting in a traffic day and you wont notice it.
Apart from towing I have not yet found the desire to remap my CDTi to 160 and have used it on motorways and around town. Not yet used it on country roads and not had a problem safely fitting in with faster traffic.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 10:15   #20
roy 1953
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

I had no problem with my 135 power wise, in traffic or anywhere else, but thought a bit more would do no harm. I had sorted most of its problems with a lot of help from this forum. When I was thinking about purchasing a 75 I wanted to keep the cost under £1000 if at all possible, so with the re-map I am up to about £850, with just the crankcase valve and egr left to sort.
Wyn also did an engine health check which showed everything in spec.
So, I was really lucky to find a reasonably sound car, in the spec I wanted.
I am now left with a fast, comfortable, sorted car, ok the paintwork needs a bit of work but I can't see that from inside, All for banger money.
Roy
roy 1953 is offline   Reply With Quote