Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th January 2016, 16:11   #121
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

I also noticed that they have a separate room that would easily accommodate the 22 member that we had for lunch at the Ely the more one looks at this venue the better it gets
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 16:26   #122
GusV
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Conn SE 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I also noticed that they have a separate room that would easily accommodate the 22 member that we had for lunch at the Ely the more one looks at this venue the better it gets
yes and 5 choices of meat for your Roast!. And also the Landlord is happy to open early for those who would like a coffee
GusV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 16:44   #123
windrush
This is my second home

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusV View Post
yes and 5 choices of meat for your Roast!. And also the Landlord is happy to open early for those who would like a coffee
Better still Gus many thanks to you and Lyn for making this exciting discovery

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 16th January 2016, 01:18   #124
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie501 View Post

I've experienced a more welcoming environment (quite nearby - The New Inn, Heckfield, Hants, RG27 0LE) where the Berkshire branch of the Reliant Scimitar OC meets. IIRC the Landlord is a 'petrolhead' himself.
Fair dues Lets not forget it was Brickie who first put forward the New Inn as a 'more welcoming environment' Thank you for doing that

I am in support of Derek's tribute to Gus and Lyn, for taking the time in checking out the New Inn first hand, for doing the groundwork and meeting the gaffer. I am not sure if I am going to be well enough to join you all or not, but have a good feeling, that the meet will turn out to be a great success..Gus and Lyn..... Bravo!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 13:25   #125
GusV
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Fair dues Lets not forget it was Brickie who first put forward the New Inn as a 'more welcoming environment' Thank you for doing that

I am in support of Derek's tribute to Gus and Lyn, for taking the time in checking out the New Inn first hand, for doing the groundwork and meeting the gaffer. I am not sure if I am going to be well enough to join you all or not, but have a good feeling, that the meet will turn out to be a great success..Gus and Lyn..... Bravo!
Well thank you but as a pair of retired foggie's we have the time which we often do to take a drive out and fine different place's to eat, which really is all Lyn's fault i'm beginning to think there is some thing wrong with our oven . Really hope Phil that you and Jessica with 5 weeks to go maybe able to make it.
Old 16th January 2016, 17:03   #126
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Used the New Inn some time ago for a wedding, guests stayed there for accomodation.

Last time I passed the New Inn the car park was overfull, so might be a problem?

The Longbridge Mill has a HUGE carpark, although near to Basingstoke, it seems to have more than adequate space to cope, inside and out.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 17:14   #127
GusV
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Used the New Inn some time ago for a wedding, guests stayed there for accomodation.

Last time I passed the New Inn the car park was overfull, so might be a problem?

The Longbridge Mill has a HUGE carpark, although near to Basingstoke, it seems to have more than adequate space to cope, inside and out.
Hi as we will be arriving at around 10.30-11.00 and we will have dedicated parking shouldn't be a problem
Old 16th January 2016, 18:51   #128
windrush
This is my second home

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusV View Post
Hi as we will be arriving at around 10.30-11.00 and we will have dedicated parking shouldn't be a problem
I cant see any problems with parking Gus compare with the Ely

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 16th January 2016, 21:38   #129
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post

As Andy (Shiner) has promised he will start a thread this weekend for a meet at The New Inn, I think he does not need the added complication of having to reconsider the choice of venue.

IMHO let's not complicate matters, give the New Inn a chance on the 21st and if it proves unsuitable, try The Longbridge Mill in March.

Since joining the club I've become accustomed to monthly meets in our region, so now having switched from The Star to The Ely, now having to switch again, it's good to know that if the switch to The New Inn doesn't work out, we have The Longbridge in reserve.

One way or another we will discover a venue that appreciates our cars and custom, unlike The Ely that waited until they'd got our money, then insulted our cars and said don't come back.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 22:17   #130
windrush
This is my second home

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
As Andy (Shiner) has promised he will start a thread this weekend for a meet at The New Inn, I think he does not need the added complication of having to reconsider the choice of venue.

IMHO let's not complicate matters, give the New Inn a chance on the 21st and if it proves unsuitable, try The Longbridge Mill in March.

Since joining the club I've become accustomed to monthly meets in our region, so now having switched from The Star to The Ely, now having to switch again, it's good to know that if the switch to The New Inn doesn't work out, we have The Longbridge in reserve.

One way or another we will discover a venue that appreciates our cars and custom, unlike The Ely that waited until they'd got our money, then insulted our cars and said don't come back.

Hi Alan that's just what I would like to see a monthly meet just like that we had at the Star and where we knew just where we stood and if we wanted to attend another that month all well and good two meets a month now that would be some thing

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM