Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2009, 17:49   #1
TurboZed
Loves to post

75 saloon

Default Passenger door central locking

Not sure if this is a common problem or just lack of lubrication....
The passenger door wont unlock unless you pull the leaver from inside. It locks perfectly though. I'd rather not take the door trim off unless I have to. Any pointers?

TurboZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 18:56   #2
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

I assume we are talking about unlocking with the remote ? When it did work , did it unlock with one or two presses of the remote ( security feature enabled ) and have you tried pressing the remote three times ? The lock motors are prone to becoming lazy and require extra presses - as far as I know the only cure is a new lock motor . If however we are talking about using the exterior handle , then these usually respond to generous lubrication by holding the handle open and lubricating through the gap . Good luck !
Old 19th May 2009, 19:01   #3
Departed
Retired

--

If it's just one door, the most likely culprit is the latch in the door. There are two motors, one for locking, one for deadlocking. Sounds like your lock motor is had it, so it goes into deadlock, then comes back out as far as locked but not unlocked. Pulling the door pull will manually override this.

Just replaced my drivers side rear for similar problems. Replacement fixed it straight off.

I pulled it apart and there's evidence of carbon near one of the motors. Not yet had time to investigate further.

Incidentally, the motors are almost identical to the VIS ones, but with longer shafts.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 21:23   #4
TurboZed
Loves to post

75 saloon

Cheers for that guys, its set up as one press unlocks all the doors, and it was working lazeyly (sp) yesterday, but now it just refuses to work. The car was a cat D write off and I just put a new door of a 52 reg ZT on it. It did work fine when I first fitted it.

Old 20th May 2009, 20:24   #5
TurboZed
Loves to post

75 saloon

Just an update...it packed up all together today, wont unlock or lock now. I took it out and tried to make it work on the bench plugged into the cra but it wont have it, so it looks like I'll have to get another unit. Engine light has come on too........happy days!

Old 22nd May 2009, 21:38   #6
TurboZed
Loves to post

75 saloon

Fitted a second hand unit today, and its all working again! woot woot! Whats that rubbish in the haynes manual about having to remove the window???? It came out and went back in easy with the window up. Just had to undo the runner and move it a little.

Old 23rd May 2009, 10:23   #7
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboZed View Post
Whats that rubbish in the haynes manual about having to remove the window???? It came out and went back in easy with the window up. Just had to undo the runner and move it a little.
Agreed - not necessary to remove the window ! Not the only thing I have to disagree with Mr Haynes on for our cars . I suspect that some of the operations he has looked at but not actually done .