Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd January 2023, 14:50   #1
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default FBH dead.

I have taken advantage of these days of low temperatures here to check the fuel heater. Previously, I had been able to make it a ring by connecting pin 3 to positive. This time, not that. So I give up.
I have two opportunities that they are offering me. The first, a used FBH, in very good condition, a more modern model than mine, and tested, working. The second, that same Fbh, with internal wiring for the programmer. To the best of my knowledge, if I'm not mistaken, Rovers didn't come pre-wired. I don't think mine has it, at least the programmer doesn't. How difficult is it to run the wiring all the way inside?
Shuknami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:00   #2
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Hi, the contemporary SE CDTi Tourer that I was given as a scrapper a few years ago, had the FBH already installed along with the wiring loom, wiring for the remote unit T71 and the aerial for the remote unit. I assume it was original fit and was a pain to remove all the correct wires to then transplant into my current 75. I use the square remote unit to start it (if the temp is higher than 5Deg C) but am still looking for a replacement remote control to start it from a distance.
Ebay is full of the parts (except remote control) although there are lots of T80s and T90s but I assume these are not compatible. Good luck with yours.
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:10   #3
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello. In the one I have, I haven't really looked to see if it brings the wiring harness. Where should I look for them?
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:11   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

The diesels came with the wiring. It is tucked down the side of the wing close to the battery. One of the plugs is normally in a clear plastic bag
If the FBH is dead, Trebor and Devilish are experts at fixing them.
Are you sure pin 3 went to positive?

There is a How To I think on identifying what the problem is.
I will try to find it and if you PM me your email address will send it to you.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:26   #5
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

You really need to know if it's an early model or a later one. The wire goes to negative on one and positive on the other

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2023, 01:06   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The diesels came with the wiring. It is tucked down the side of the wing close to the battery. One of the plugs is normally in a clear plastic bag
If the FBH is dead, Trebor and Devilish are experts at fixing them.
Are you sure pin 3 went to positive?

There is a How To I think on identifying what the problem is.
I will try to find it and if you PM me your email address will send it to you.

macafee2
Hi Ian.
I think the OP may be referring to the wiring for the timer, and or the wiring internal of the car for remote, this was an optional extra or came with the top models.

remote on the right.

Remotes you can get from devlish.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 24th January 2023 at 19:34.. Reason: photo editing
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2023, 07:13   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Ian.
I think the OP may be referring to the wiring for the timer, and or the wiring internal of the car for remote, this was an optional extra or came with the top models.

remote on the right.

Remotes you can get from devlish.
lol, I thought he had DIY'ed wiring to the heater.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2023, 10:30   #8
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello. Thanks for your help. The wiring I was referring to is the one that goes from the FHB inside to the programmer. I would love to be there so that Trebor or Devilish could review it, but from Spain it is a bit far for me.
Old 24th January 2023, 16:17   #9
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Thank you all

Hello everyone. I want to thank you for your help.
I'll update you all.
My FBH in the model 66232B. It was already installed in the car. This last summer, checking it out, I connected terminal 3 to positive and managed to get it to make a sound, like a turbine, which turned off after a little over a minute. The input connector was getting 12.73 volts.
I recently reviewed it again, prior to the arrival of Winter, here. I ran the test again, after resetting it at fuse number 18, but now I can't get it to make the sound from the last time. I wish I could be there, both to meet you and to be able to enjoy your amazing country again.
I was able to find out that the possible repair of the Webasto here is quite expensive, and can be around €700 and up. My car does not have the internal programmer that goes in the inside of the centre console. Two opportunities are appearing to me. The first is a serviced and working FBH without the harness to the indoor controller, and the second is the FBH with the harness and the indoor controller. I think that in the absence of being able to be there and that you could review the installed one, it would be to replace it with another functional one. What I would like to know is if I go with the wiring harness to the inside, how difficult would it be to route it in, either by installing the controller inside the centre console or by putting it next to the cigarette lighter?
I would also like to check the FBH diesel pump, which they told me is in front of one of the rear wheels, but I don't know which side. Can you see it with the naked eye, or do you have to lift the car? How can I check if the pump is operational?
Old 24th January 2023, 19:33   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuknami View Post
Hello everyone. I want to thank you for your help.
I'll update you all.
My FBH in the model 66232B. It was already installed in the car. This last summer, checking it out, I connected terminal 3 to positive and managed to get it to make a sound, like a turbine, which turned off after a little over a minute. The input connector was getting 12.73 volts.
I recently reviewed it again, prior to the arrival of Winter, here. I ran the test again, after resetting it at fuse number 18, but now I can't get it to make the sound from the last time. I wish I could be there, both to meet you and to be able to enjoy your amazing country again.
I was able to find out that the possible repair of the Webasto here is quite expensive, and can be around €700 and up. My car does not have the internal programmer that goes in the inside of the centre console. Two opportunities are appearing to me. The first is a serviced and working FBH without the harness to the indoor controller, and the second is the FBH with the harness and the indoor controller. I think that in the absence of being able to be there and that you could review the installed one, it would be to replace it with another functional one. What I would like to know is if I go with the wiring harness to the inside, how difficult would it be to route it in, either by installing the controller inside the centre console or by putting it next to the cigarette lighter?
Quote:
I would also like to check the FBH diesel pump, which they told me is in front of one of the rear wheels, but I don't know which side. Can you see it with the naked eye, or do you have to lift the car? How can I check if the pump is operational?
Hi Julio.
If you drop Steve (Devlish) a personal message i am sure he will guide you in all you need to know, link below.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...o=newpm&u=6974

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...lmember&u=6974

Regarding the dosing pump you will find it forward of the OS rear wheel.

This is the FBH wiring set up and is not easy to fit quite time consuming.

Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote