Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st December 2022, 11:45   #1
N00b
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Default Exploded view diagrams?

Are there any exploded view schematics of the ZT/75 here? I ask because last night while sitting in my car another driver reversed into it. His towbar pushed through the lower mesh grille and I'm trying to assess the damage. It was pitch black so hard to see anything other than bent mesh and a smashed licence plate but after hearing the noise the ventilation system makes I'm guessing an air con line has been damaged. There is a metal pipe running just behind the bumper but I don't know if it's an aircon line or an oil pipe. Right after the collision there was a little smoke from the front and a small flame in the engine bay which extinguished itself, and the car drives normally with no smoke or changes to running temp.

#nothappy.
N00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2022, 12:15   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Just check Rimmer's website, loads of pictures 👍

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2022, 12:15   #3
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

https://rimmerbros.com/ is quite helpful, but unfortunately they have stopped listing part numbers that are discontinued.

Beaten by Ronnie!
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2022, 12:24   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
https://rimmerbros.com/ is quite helpful, but unfortunately they have stopped listing part numbers that are discontinued.

Beaten by Ronnie!
Mwah ha ha 😁 here's a picture of mine when I had the front off

Old 31st December 2022, 12:35   #5
N00b
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

After looking at Suzy's pic it looks like my concern isn't an aircon line.
Hers seems to have two lines running in front of the radiator whereas I can only see one on my car.....but then hers has been disassembled so maybe one runs elsewhere when it's back together. Typical it happens at this time of year when I can't get the car in the air to have a proper look.

EDIT. Could be my mistake as the line looks pass through a join to a different size/material.
Old 31st December 2022, 12:44   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00b View Post
Are there any exploded view schematics of the ZT/75 here? I ask because last night while sitting in my car another driver reversed into it. His towbar pushed through the lower mesh grille and I'm trying to assess the damage. It was pitch black so hard to see anything other than bent mesh and a smashed licence plate but after hearing the noise the ventilation system makes I'm guessing an air con line has been damaged. There is a metal pipe running just behind the bumper but I don't know if it's an aircon line or an oil pipe. Right after the collision there was a little smoke from the front and a small flame in the engine bay which extinguished itself, and the car drives normally with no smoke or changes to running temp.

#nothappy.
Hi David.
You really need to get the front bumper off, because just behind the mesh you will find the intercooler, if that been damage then that will need changing. the mesh it self will have been broken from the plastic welds which hold it on.

Also check the Cooler assembly which maybe what you are referring to as the metal pipe behind the front bumper which is in front of the intercooler.
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID002028

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-QGC000261

Only way for sure is take the bumper off which is only about 20 minutes of your time.

Little smoke and flame does not spell good it could be that the silver or gold resistor as been damaged and caused the smoke and flame.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 31st December 2022 at 12:50..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2022, 12:48   #7
N00b
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Power steering is something I hadn't considered. I'd better check the fluid levels. On the plus side, if that's what it is then at least the replacement part is dirt cheap.
Old 31st December 2022, 13:01   #8
N00b
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

There was a small yellow flame, similar to a candle flame for a matter of seconds. What are the resistors for? I see things like "gold resistor mod" in the cars for sale section. Is there a silver AND a gold or is it an either or situation? The car is going in for some work and a remap next month so perhaps I could get this rectified at the same time. The guy doing the work is a former Rover master tech and seems to know these cars extremely well (Dave Johnson oop norf in fencehouses)
Old 31st December 2022, 13:51   #9
suzublu
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00b View Post
There was a small yellow flame, similar to a candle flame for a matter of seconds. What are the resistors for? I see things like "gold resistor mod" in the cars for sale section. Is there a silver AND a gold or is it an either or situation? The car is going in for some work and a remap next month so perhaps I could get this rectified at the same time. The guy doing the work is a former Rover master tech and seems to know these cars extremely well (Dave Johnson oop norf in fencehouses)
Dave's a good lad, he'll look after you, along with Brian 👍

Old 31st December 2022, 17:14   #10
N00b
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Update.
Something like resistor damage is starting to sound more and more likely. Maybe the collision has pushed the resistor to a position where it's now in contact with something it shouldn't be? Parked up with the engine running about 30 minutes ago and after several minutes smoke began to plume out from the bonnet. No fire visible this time but more smoke than last time.

I don't know if it's unrelated but the heater blower is also noisier now.
#worried.

Last edited by N00b; 31st December 2022 at 17:17..