Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th November 2007, 13:46   #41
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
One of my ambitions was to drive down route 66 which I believe is no longer the main highway in the USA I know this is going to show my age again
Most of it has disappeared I'm afraid, although there is the historic Route 66 which runs through Arizona and New Mexico.(Must get there one day)

If I had the money I would just go to the U.S. and drive! It's great just getting in a car and seeing how far you can go, and come across all sorts of places and things not on the regular tourist trails. I just drive, stop when I find something of interest or when I get hungry, or when it gets dark find somewhere to stay.

A while ago I drove down the west coast of Florida. All the way down to Fort Myers, Naples then across the Tamiami trail through the Everglades. (bit strange seeing Alligators crossing the road!!!). Then on to Miami and then on U.S. Route 1 down the Florida Keys to Key West. Then back up the west coast to Jacksonville.

There lots of state parks which are located in places of historical interest or places of outstanding beauty. I've been to a few and they've been well worth a visit.
For example I visited Wakiwa Springs state park a few years ago, and spent a brilliant afternoon paddling a canoe down the Wakiwa river. The scenery and the wildlife were stunning!!! Total cost $25 for the hire of the canoe.

Now all I need is to win the lottery, and I could do it all the time....Now where did I put my ticket

Russ
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:53   #42
rapid6
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Talking

1. Motorcycling on my beloved SP2.
2. Hillwalking.
3. Fishing.
4. My car.
5 Whatever DIY SWMBO tells me to do round the house and garden!!! GULP!! in return for other activities if im lucky!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooh Suits you...Sir!!
rapid6 is offline   Reply With Quote