Notices

Old 28th November 2007, 18:55   #11
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb123 View Post
Hi John,

Many thanks for the kind words. This company is still trading and in fact expanding and taking on new staff, one even at managerial level. A job I am well qualified to do but this was very carefuly closed off to me. They claimed the job and project for the job have been terminated. However thanks to a good friend and collegue, who sent me a copy of an email sent by MD the next day, informing all staff of my demise but that all jobs are safe and in fact they will be going ahead with the new project and continue to recruit a new lab manager.

I just wished that companies doing this are very severly punished in some way, all they get is a slap on the wrist and made to pay a small bit of compensation which in many cases is only a fraction of the monthly turnover.

I reckon it should be published in the National press and they also get a heavy fine on top.

Andy I think the answer is in your post, I would be keeping a copy of that e-mail if I were you.

As long as you follow the process to the letter and keep the slip ups to your old employers you should be okay. That said we are only hearing your side so if there are any indiscretions that would not help you, but I would agree the requirements are now better towards employees. Don't forget you don't have to do this on your tod, but I would not get solicitors involved yet. Union rep, people like that.

Good luck.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 20:14   #12
Dave***t
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ 180 SE

Sounds like it's part making you redundant and part 'managing you out'. The latter may well bleed over into a separate form of corporate misconduct - constructive dismissal. It might be worth mentioning that to whoever you go to for advice.

Hope it all works out!
Old 28th November 2007, 20:28   #13
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

You might start with a call to ACAS at least for proper information. They may well take up your case as well.
http://www.acas.org.uk/
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 21:32   #14
Andyb123
Loves to post

Rover 75 2L CDT Conn Se HiLine SATNAV

Wink Unemployed again

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the really usefull stuff in the many well wishes, once again this club shows why its so good, its full of very genuine caring people.

Essentially I am convinced my redudancy is a bit of a smoke screen for a simple case of personality clash with a co-director (sorry to say this but a real case of sex and age discrimination), although it may well prove impossible to prove. I am not the first male director to be pushed out this way, I have found out to day that I am in fact number 4 in a list of ousted males. One of whom actually took the company to a tribunal but they settled out of court at the 11th hour.

In essence my claim is based around their failure to follow proper procedure, day one I get letter at 4pm informing me that I am being considered for redudancy, day 2 at 3pm I get second letter confirming I am now redundant and I am put on gardening leave till end of month. No consultation or offer of alternative employment within the organisation. All done and dusted within 24 hours from start to finnish.

mmm, how easey it is in the UK to get rid of staff?.

I shall spend the next couple of days preparing for my appeal meeting of next Thursday.

Thanks again for all the really usefull web sites and pointers

Andy
Andyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 21:39   #15
oakridge
Loves to post

Toyota Prius III T-Spirit

Beware of Acas they are not as all knowing as they should be.

Malcolm
oakridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 21:52   #16
Gryphon
Passed Away

75 CDT Connoisseur + VW Trike + Kawasaki 1000LTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb123 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the really usefull stuff in the many well wishes, once again this club shows why its so good, its full of very genuine caring people.

Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote