Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2020, 22:20   #251
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Strange how things that are supposed to be good for the environment turn into a revenue collecting exercise!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:09   #252
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Strange how things that are supposed to be good for the environment turn into a revenue collecting exercise!

Yeah I see a cash grab as much as a environmental thing.

Looks like the Scots might be the Guinea pigs for alternative road taxation methods judging by this article!

"To enable a managed transition to an inclusive net-zero carbon economy road infrastructure, the Scottish and UK Governments should immediately commit to work together to establish a charging/payment regime alternative to the existing fuel and road taxation based structure,’ it states".

https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...l-change/16406

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 23:13   #253
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I had the pleasure of a Hyundai Kona EV for 24 hours. It showed 277 miles to empty on an almost full charge. An absolutely amazing bit of kit, in sport mode it’s quicker 0 to 60 than an i30N, apparently.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 23:29   #254
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

It didn’t, being completely silent it has a VESS button which is a ‘virtual engine sound system’ so that at slow speeds people can hear you. It’s obviously an electric sound and it was rather therapeutic

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 9th February 2020, 13:34   #255
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In other news there are developments that are, well, scandalous.

Today's MoS has details of proven government involvement in understating emissions (a la VW etc.) over a considerable period insofar as advertising new car emission figures goes. That's not just 'involvement' but active coercion to present false figures.

With new rates of taxation/particulate output due 1-4-20 there are massive upgrades to annual tax ratings which, for example, amount to, for a Range Rover, over £500 per year extra. So, further depressing news for new car production in advance of 2035. All in preparation for EV's which have not yet been adequately provided for regarding charging. Any bets this was originated under EU rules?
Old 9th February 2020, 15:08   #256
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Today's Sunday Times puts my previously expressed point exactly - Headline "The greenest machine is the one in your garage". Electric cars are clean, but building them can be a dirty business, writes their driving editor, Nick Rufford. "Motorists will not like and may not stand for the inconvenience of electric cars" - see the rebellion against Macron's plans to add to taxes paid by motorists, who are slow to be riled, but a powerful lobby once they are!
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 15:50   #257
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I had the pleasure of a Hyundai Kona EV for 24 hours. It showed 277 miles to empty on an almost full charge. An absolutely amazing bit of kit, in sport mode it’s quicker 0 to 60 than an i30N, apparently.
And what was its actual range?

Estimated if you didn't travel 277 miles in 24 hrs.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 19:25   #258
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
And what was its actual range?

Estimated if you didn't travel 277 miles in 24 hrs.
I didn’t, I covered 51 miles and returned the car showing 236 miles to empty.

Old 10th February 2020, 14:45   #259
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I didn’t, I covered 51 miles and returned the car showing 236 miles to empty.
OK thanks, unfortunately the lack of miles doesn't really give us a realistic idea of true capacity. Thanks anyway.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 16:01   #260
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Did it have a nice Induction and Exhaust note sound combination?... bit like this old bit of kit ... Turn up the sound....

Saw and HEARD that in action ridden in anger by no less a rider than "Mike the Bike" Hailwood himself.

The electrified youngsters of the future will never know what they've missed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2qzeEypWJg