Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2019, 16:20   #10561
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Nipped to the local land rover dealer to collect a thermostat seal then fitted the water pump and stat to debs car, threw in an air filter while I had the cover off then coded in a blue ipk that Brian had virginised and fitted a new lower engine mount too.

I might just tackle the spinning captive nut on the lower mount on mine tomorrow!
Old 29th December 2019, 11:23   #10562
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Managed to remove the sheared captive nut that holds the bottom engine mount, a 19mm spanner fits the flats just in case anyone else suffers this issue, as you can see the bottom mount was way past it’s best.

Now to dry out the boot and find the source of the water ingress, these cars don’t like sitting about!
Old 29th December 2019, 14:28   #10563
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I’ve not used the tourer for a long while so took it for a drive this morning and covered about 20 miles. The 75 felt like an old car for the first few miles, which it is, but not as old as my coupe which drives much better. I think I’ve been spoiled by the Hyundai and after a while the 75 felt better and a bit more normal other than the IPK that now resembles a bar code. I probably shouldn’t leave it as long next time, the down side of owning 5 (6) cars. I love the tourer but there’s no getting away from the fact they are getting old now...

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 29th December 2019 at 16:07..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2019, 15:38   #10564
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Tried the newTurtlewax headlight cleaner on one lens. Took a few goes but is working. Also started polishing things under the bonnet. More to follow with pics but I had to stop as one of my dogs is poorly and I couldnt leave her too long.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2019, 15:42   #10565
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Managed to remove the sheared captive nut that holds the bottom engine mount, a 19mm spanner fits the flats just in case anyone else suffers this issue, as you can see the bottom mount was way past it’s best.

Now to dry out the boot and find the source of the water ingress, these cars don’t like sitting about!
Looks like it’s gorn, oh arr. I bet the engine was doing a jig with that Andy. Lovely day today, but I have been warned off working on mine until the new year. So to keep the peace I have done as I am told. She thinks I’m bad because I only took the cover off it today.
Old 29th December 2019, 15:58   #10566
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Took SWMBO up to Walcott for a walk on the seafront. Since the enforced dumping of the sand (Sandscaping)
it looks totally different.

The run was great with the new VIS motors performing smoothly (even SWMBO noticed the difference).

Brimmed with fuel, so we shall see what effect working VIS motors have on the fuel economy! I suspect not a lot due to "TESTING" of the power VIS!
Old 29th December 2019, 16:09   #10567
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default I'm sorry I ever doubted you...

Old 50 watt engine fan resistor gone, new 100 watt resistor installed. I admit that I was somewhat skeptical that such a 'simple' fix (ignoring the fact I had to remove the whole front of my car) would have any effect, but fan now spins up as it should and the air con is definitely thinking about working...
Thank you forum members for all your hard work and very helpful instructions
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2019, 18:01   #10568
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

And just to finish the day off... got a call from Deb to say she has broken down in the lagoon.

Towed home at 15 mph (good job it was only 4 miles away) Looks like the underbonnet pump isn’t performing it’s duties very well.

Ahh well, another job for the list.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:40   #10569
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Looks like the underbonnet pump isn’t performing it’s duties very well.
Oh for a "proper" diesel when you could strap a gallon tin of diesel on the roof and let it gravity flow to the injector pump! I remember bringing a tractor unit home that way, with a can and tube attached to the coat hook in the cab! You have my number!
Old 29th December 2019, 19:43   #10570
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Hands up, I admit she has been a bit forgotten over the past few months. So today the freshly charged battery went on and I expected the usual instant start up.

The smile was instantly wiped from my face. Nothing,not a dicky bird. She just turns over with no attempt to fire.

My solution to this........... Drop the bonnet and drown my sorrows in a bottle of Baileys. Felt much better surprising quickly.
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote