Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2019, 21:00   #171
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
EV make far less sense than hydrogen powered vehicles.
Hyundai have brought a hydrogen cell electric car onto the market. Trouble is UK fuel stations are mainly in the south east. Like LPG of past I bet there's no incentive to provide more hydrogen fuel stations with all the investment by the big boys going into battery pack EV.
https://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/n...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 21:34   #172
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
As for man made heating, it is a fact, that solar energy reaching the earth amounts to 10000 times the total human energy consumption.
Or to put it simply: total energy produced by man kind in a year, is of the order of the suns energy radiated to earth in one hour!
That is the idiocy we are up against.
I am far more concerned about pollution in general and over population specifically.
And if solar energy could continue to reflect off the planet, and escape back into space, at the rate it did for several million years (with the usual fluctuations, which will not have caused so many problems in a sparsely populated world without a built environment), we would have far less of a problem. If you don't want to listen to the wisdom of an exceptional 16year old, does Sir David Attenborough's 90 years of personal experience and reporting of the natural world, environmental matters and climate change outweigh your slanted and partial "facts"? I know who I would place my trust in. I don't think Attenborough needs to be grinding any axes at his age, with his wealth. Increasing populations with increasing consumption of resources are undoubtedly the cause of so many facets of the global disaster for which we are headed. The first step to combating the problem is accepting it exists. There have always been global weather events, their increased occurrence and violence, and the speed at which their rate is increasing is what we should all be concerned about.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 21:56   #173
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

We are facing people without sense of logic, no feeling for numbers and little sense in general.
It makes any sane discussion difficult.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:05   #174
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
We are facing people without sense of logic, no feeling for numbers and little sense in general.
It makes any sane discussion difficult.
My feelings entirely.
Old 11th December 2019, 23:22   #175
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

How can you possibly take seriously the utterances of a slightly mad Swedish girl who has not even finished her secondary education. The poor child is just being manipulated by cynical adults who want to promote the silly Climate Change Cult to the gullible.
Old 12th December 2019, 06:10   #176
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

[QUOTE=Comfortably Numb;2780978 Increasing populations with increasing consumption of resources are undoubtedly the cause of so many facets of the global disaster for which we are headed. [/QUOTE]

This is what I've said all along, we need to limit population growth. If you have too many people in your house you normally move to a larger property - however moving to a larger planet is not an option for us.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 17:35   #177
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I reiterate my point that 28% of the world's population has been born THIS century - and it is the young who lecture us!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 18:14   #178
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I reiterate my point that 28% of the world's population has been born THIS century - and it is the young who lecture us!
Well it's not the current 16-year-olds who are responsible for the population explosion, but we'll be long gone while they are left to sort out the mess that previous generations have started. I still don't hear anyone criticising David Attenborough! He's been warning us since before Greta was born!
Old 13th December 2019, 05:30   #179
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Hyundai have brought a hydrogen cell electric car onto the market. Trouble is UK fuel stations are mainly in the south east. Like LPG of past I bet there's no incentive to provide more hydrogen fuel stations with all the investment by the big boys going into battery pack EV.
https://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/n...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
That’s actually their second model, the first was an IX35. Both incredibly capable cars but the Nexo is an amazing piece of technology

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 13th December 2019 at 05:30.. Reason: Spelling
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 07:09   #180
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Even if you completely ignore climate change the days of the internal combustion engine are numbered.
1. there is a finite quantity of fossil fuel (the clue is in the name)
2. massive expansion of fossil fuel use by China & India will accelerate its end

We are already at the stage where countries are routinely invaded or destabilised for their oil.

Even if you dont believe that climate change is linked to the amount of fuel we burn the petrol engine is going the way of the horse as a means of transport.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote