Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd September 2019, 11:59   #1
Randyjim
Regular poster

MG ZT 190

Default Heated Memory Seats – Retro-fit Help Required

I have acquired a set of heated electric memory seats for my late MkII ZT190. The seats are also from a late ZT190. I’ve read the retrofit guides from Rick-sta and efreeti along with several other threads I’ve found via the search function so I’m generally quite happy with what I’m doing, but, I still have a few questions that I’m hoping you good folks could help me with. Official wiring diagrams, particularly for the memory portion of the seat would be most helpful if anybody can share them.

I intend to match the factory installation and have painstakingly removed a complete seat loom from a late 75 with loads of toys, but had to cut connectors in a few places to extract it. Unfortunately I didn’t note thoroughly enough where all of the cut wires connected and need help with the following.
1. Red/White/Yellow – K-bus wire from Memory module. Pin position for white header in drivers footwell required.
2. Red/White – Button illumination (?) wires to seat switches. Pin positions for white header in passenger footwell required.
3. Purple/Grey – 5A Live feed to Memory module (?). Pin position for blue header in passenger footwell required.
4. Orange/Yellow - 30A live feed to the Memory module. Connection location required. I have no recollection of where I cut this from, or even cutting it! It was possibly disconnected by a previous scavenger removing the cruise control parts.
Also with respect to the wiring, can anybody recommend suitable crimp terminals for the back of the fuse box? I’ve identified the correct terminal as a Lear 771016-FK200, but I can’t seem to find a supplier. Rick-sta’s ebay link is no longer valid. The round pins for the valeo connector on the back of the ignition switch would also be good to know.
That should be the wiring covered, so my other questions relate to the seats themselves.

What does the k-bus connection add to a MkII car? A long press of my key opens the boot, so I suspect matching keys to seat positions is out. Does it perhaps bring the door mirrors into the adjustment, or is it quite redundant on my car?

Lastly, are there any differences between 75 and ZT seat frames? The loom donor car had mixed front seats (75 driver/ZT passenger) and wondered if I could swap my old ZT manual seat foam and covers onto the 75 electric seat to make a matching pair if there still available.
Randyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:13   #2
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

The connectors can be made up from portions of the loom that you had to cut out at the fuse box end. Easily identified by the colours going to the connectors. Simply remove the multi pin connector. With a pick tool, you can compress the tag inside the connector and pull out the individual wires as required. Then solder the length or cable required to the end, heat-shrink the solder joint, and engage the pin into the connector position required.
It must be said, many of the connectors can be broken down into component form and re-assembled to allow wiring modifications.
Hopefully this will help.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:26   #3
Randyjim
Regular poster

MG ZT 190

Thanks Roger, but I'm afraid it's too late for that.

I extracted the full wire length from the loom, but wasn't able to release the pins from the fuse box so cut the wires there instead.
I think I'll try these for the fuse box. I've got the correct terminals for the headers on order from ebay already.
Randyjim is offline   Reply With Quote