Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2019, 13:20   #1
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Default Towbar wiring 'Link Kit' fitting.

So I'm finally getting round to fitting my towbar.
I installed the main harness (rover genuine) some time back, but never managed to get time to fit the actual towbar and the electrical connections in the dash.

Anyway,
reading the 'how to' and the instructions that came with the link kit I have to remove the fuse board behind the glove box and remove the fuses in the LH side then remove the RED ANTI BACK-OUT FRAME.
I've put my head in as far as I can but can't see any fixings. Also had a look on fleabay for pictures, but again no help.

How do I remove the back out frame? how is it held in place?

Moving on:

Then I have to route a green wire across to the LSM.

I currently have the radio out as I just installed a GSM unit for my FBH so I have good access behind the centre console. However how do I remove the LSM to get at the connector?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 14:14   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

the anti reversing back out frame the red one just clips on. as for the green wire that goes over. for some strange reason when i fitted mine i think it went to the ipk plug .but this was about nine years ago.if it does go the lsm i imagine remove the lower dash panel plus the surround above it this pulls off btw and you should be able to get to the plug.oh back to the fuse board it is also held on by two nuts 8mm i think on each corner.undo pull the board pull forward then turn it you then be able to poke the wire in the back.if you cannot work out from the rear which one poke something through the relevant position from the front so you can see.hope this helps
Old 13th July 2019, 14:56   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Onc you access to the LSM (as above) you can remove the screw that holds the LSM to the dash frame and pull the whole unit towards you, wiring then very easy to see and do.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 10:08   #4
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Thanks for the reply guys.
I plan to run the link wire to the LSM this morning

With your help and this thread -> https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=203800 <- I can access the LSM, so thanks.

For Info, this is the 'How to' I'm using, -> https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=23097 <-

Taken from above:

In this image there is 3 groups of cables coming out of the glovebox.
1 has the 2 fuse holders,
2 has the 3 pin plug (hanging to the left), this connector is missing from my harness, must have been left on the car the harness was removed from
and
3 which is a black multi-pin connector (just to the right of the fuses). Where does the multi-pin connector go I can't see it mentioned in the how to.
EDIT: after a bit of tralling the internet I have established that this is in fact a relay socket. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to help me source a new relay?

EDIT2: Searching here I have found this thread, -> https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=241708 <- which has the wiring diagrams

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.

Last edited by sln8458; 14th July 2019 at 13:42..
sln8458 is online now   Reply With Quote