Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th June 2019, 18:50   #411
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

200 miles covered in the classic mini, Newcastle was sunny and a good crack putting the world to rights. All in all a good day. Normal service might resume tomorrow looking at the tourer tailgate issue?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 19:48   #412
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Yes it was nice to catch up matey, and even nicer to finally meet the fabled S Works Mini

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 21:23   #413
marinabrian

MG ZT

Err, I'm not sure about this???

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4659.jpg (138.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 11th June 2019, 21:50   #414
marinabrian

MG ZT

Frabbled about with a Freelander 2 remote..........result !!!!

On it's way home tomorrow, and it only took half a packet of Hobnobs

Brian
Old 12th June 2019, 00:22   #415
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Frabbled about with a Freelander 2 remote..........result !!!!

On it's way home tomorrow, and it only took half a packet of Hobnobs

Brian

Brian were they cream hobnobs or chocolate hobnobs & are they decent dunkers I myself had to wait in all day for Virgin to send me a new set to V6 Tivo box as the 6 month old one threw a wobbly last Saturday morning, fitted that after our tea about 18.15.

Phoning up about getting a replacement V6 box from Virgin was a great treat it only took me the best part of 40minutes to get through to someone, then it was a person in India talking it over with him for another 30 minutes only to be told turn the set top box off wait 3 hours and if it is not working phone us back, I knew right away I would be doing the same 3 hours later.

Same again another chap in India tried to give me the same clap trap, after 25 minutes he decided I needed a new set top box sending out, I told him and the chap before it was the box it's self not the line Tuesday he said is best we can do for you, I said to him is it being sent from India No sir it will sent from the UK.

Phoned Virgin up Monday to tell them my contract is up and I would be ringing in Wednesday to either renew my contract if I get a good deal or be jumping ship so I will see what tomorrow brings.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 08:16   #416
marinabrian

MG ZT

Fnip, fwurr, fnarple, fnick

Old 12th June 2019, 09:23   #417
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Fnip, fwurr, fnarple, fnick

How did that filthy language get past the swear filter?
Old 12th June 2019, 20:16   #418
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Negotiations with VM did not go good at all the retentions people, are about as much use as a wooden fire poker, they are truly are politicians in the making, reading from scripted dialog, they have no authority to do a better deal for you, not willing to budge even if you are a 15yr loyal customer.

Therefore loyalty means nothing to them they would rather lose your custom than help with a deal, it make no sense that new customers can have the same deal as me for half the price.

yes I understand that is how a business marches forward, but if in the process you lose half your consisting customers you are only trudging through mud.

I am going to start up a thread in the social forum regarding deals people have either managed to get from them or any other media company, it will change nothing but some tricks or trades on how to deal with these giants may come from it who knows.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 21:20   #419
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Steve. A short lesson I found out about at the company I worked at, and I believe goes on in insurance companies NOW. Consider this. A cartel run between companies is illegal! So why is nothing ever done about it? Answer:- because in one way or another, they are all at it. How it works. Companies A. B. C. D. This year company A puts their prices up by 20%. They lose 20% of customers. The rest, company B C D only put there prices up by 10%. They gather in those that leave company A. Second year, company B puts their prices up by 20%, and companies A C D only put their prices up by 12.5%. They again mop up the customers from company B. This is repeated each year. I mapped a company, nameless, and over 10 years, prices rose by almost 270%. Dry good way of forcing up prices. And what again, I ask, does the government do about it? NOTHING. And they cannot say that they do not know about it, because I notified them of the companies involved. Democracy is the same word as in Russian.
Old 15th June 2019, 13:49   #420
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I didn’t connect T4 to the tourer to check the tailgate switch but I did recode a new remote to the R8 coupe and gave it a quick look over thanks to Brian for sorting me a legacy disc and blue lead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B624E8E4-B565-4F14-B96B-E1562AA5A0AD.jpg (10.8 KB, 15 views)

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote