Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2010, 17:21   #41
ianw
Regular poster

mg zt cdti+ x power grey

Default bmw x5 fbh

hi there foxspeed will the whole unit work with the existing 75 wiring if u plug in the 75 connectors if no what is diffrence.also are there any compatable heaters out there which will work thanx ian
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 17:40   #42
foxspeed
Loves to post

rover 75cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
hi there foxspeed will the whole unit work with the existing 75 wiring if u plug in the 75 connectors if no what is diffrence.also are there any compatable heaters out there which will work thanx ian
tough call mate - all the connections look the same - i would hazzard a guess the circuit board chip could be programmed differently - i didnt plug the x5 one i had straight in - i just took it apart and used it to repair mine

there are a couple of rover ones on ebay - quite cheap - was looking at those but decided on the x5 one because it was off an 2005 car and looked in good condition from the photo

the fan unit and heat exchanger look the same - so good for spares but as said its the elctronics - not sure how bmw wire theres up

sorry cant be anymore help

si.
foxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 19:05   #43
ianw
Regular poster

mg zt cdti+ x power grey

Default fbh problem

thanx for the info foxspeed
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 13:31   #44
cusm
Avid contributor

75 tourer connoisseir CDT 161k - Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci & Renault Kangoo.

Hi all i've bit the bullet and bought a soldering kit from maplins. But they don't do surface mounted resistors so my shout for help is where else can i buy them. Many thanks Stu.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:08   #45
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusm View Post
Hi all i've bit the bullet and bought a soldering kit from maplins. But they don't do surface mounted resistors so my shout for help is where else can i buy them. Many thanks Stu.
Going to be doing mine this weekend, i'm going to use through hole resistors with thelegs bend underneath themselves - will do the same job. If you were being particular, break open almost any old piece of broken audio/visual equipment you may happen to have and rob one from there, they are common as muck
Old 17th December 2010, 17:55   #46
cusm
Avid contributor

75 tourer connoisseir CDT 161k - Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci & Renault Kangoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Going to be doing mine this weekend, i'm going to use through hole resistors with thelegs bend underneath themselves - will do the same job. If you were being particular, break open almost any old piece of broken audio/visual equipment you may happen to have and rob one from there, they are common as muck
Let us know how you get on and few photos of the finished job (for my benefit lol) would be great
Old 17th December 2010, 18:46   #47
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Let us know how you get on and few photos of the finished job (for my benefit lol) would be great
Looks like the weather is stopping me getting home this weekend, looks like a job for christmas week, i'll get lots of pics if it'll help you.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:52   #48
navrac
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer Conn SE CDTI facelift

Quote:
PM me your address and I'll stick some in the post ( weather permitting). They come in packs of 100 and I've only got one FBH so I have a few spare!!

Also buy yourself a magnifying glass!
navrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 19:59   #49
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrac View Post
PM me your address and I'll stick some in the post ( weather permitting). They come in packs of 100 and I've only got one FBH so I have a few spare!!

Also buy yourself a magnifying glass!
Could I call on your kindness also? Got a couple of through holes but would prefer to use SMD's..
Old 17th December 2010, 21:30   #50
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

A few words on SMD soldering technique might be useful....

I use a wooden cocktail stick to both remove a refit these type of components, with the point dipped in oil. With a good fixed manifying lens, so both hands are free and plenty of light. To remove, melt the solder on one terminal then push the solder out of the way with the cocktail stick - if its a two terminal device, melting the other end should then free it. Be aware that some SMD's are also glued into place, so both ends may need to be desoldered first, before trying to tease it away from the glue.

Fitting a replacement is a case of pinning the component in place with the cocktail stick (otherwise it will stick to the hot iron tip), while its ends are resoldered.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote