Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2015, 15:04   #121
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

To test the external components ,You have all the infos on my schematic

And Forget the color of the resistors .the ohmmeter is the only way.

Mike
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 02:39   #122
wolfdoguk

rover 75 conni

Thank you once again Mike! I'll do the tests at the weekend or before if I get chance.

Paul
wolfdoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 22:08   #123
decebalus

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello comunity, big thanks to French Mike and the passion he shows for these cars and to everyone that contributes to this forum, it's my second week here and i already found cheap solution to 2 of my problems, (how to get a cheap MAF sensor thanks to HarryM1BYT , and this one with the damaged pcb which eventually i will get it done)

I have the old version of the Webasto on my car which is 66232C, i tested with +12V to pin 1 and the machine starts for 2 minutes and then gone. I haven't tested the external components but i heard the air fan running for the 2 minutes it did and i check the hose that goes in the engine while working and there was some action going on, nothing to say about the fuel pump...btw does the schematic you Mike drawn for testing external components is valid for the old Webasto also? And one more the order to remove the 2 wires connected to Webasto is 1st 6-pin plug and then 2-pin plug, and to reconnect you need first to connect the 2-pin wires and after the 6 plug am i right?

One thing i haven't done is to remove the pcb (i don't remember where the instructions threat is) , i did some pictures to it as it is and eventually i'll remove it and find someone capable of doing the job around here as i'm from Bucharest(Romania)

I need to find a way to test the plug and the fuel pump beside getting done the pcb and also please teach me to say thanks to users

All the best
Alex

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0592.jpg (143.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0593.jpg (136.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0594.jpg (141.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0595.jpg (139.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0596.jpg (140.3 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 22nd January 2016 at 00:22.. Reason: bad upload links
decebalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 07:20   #124
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by decebalus View Post
Hello comunity, big thanks to French Mike and the passion he shows for these cars and to everyone that contributes to this forum, it's my second week here and i already found cheap solution to 2 of my problems, (how to get a cheap MAF sensor thanks to HarryM1BYT , and this one with the damaged pcb which eventually i will get it done)

I have the old version of the Webasto on my car which is 66232C, i tested with +12V to pin 1 and the machine starts for 2 minutes and then gone. I haven't tested the external components but i heard the air fan running for the 2 minutes it did and i check the hose that goes in the engine while working and there was some action going on, nothing to say about the fuel pump...btw does the schematic you Mike drawn for testing external components is valid for the old Webasto also? And one more the order to remove the 2 wires connected to Webasto is 1st 6-pin plug and then 2-pin plug, and to reconnect you need first to connect the 2-pin wires and after the 6 plug am i right?

One thing i haven't done is to remove the pcb (i don't remember where the instructions threat is) , i did some pictures to it as it is and eventually i'll remove it and find someone capable of doing the job around here as i'm from Bucharest(Romania)

I need to find a way to test the plug and the fuel pump beside getting done the pcb and also please teach me to say thanks to users

All the best
Alex
Hi Alex,

On your type (first one) no kbus is fitted ,so no worry about the disconnecting
plug order ..
The schematic is the same except the auxiliary command.
(you have to connect pin3 to +12v )

This model is more robust than the other ,then faults vicious to find out .

Is the 5 volt generated ?

Mike
Old 14th January 2015, 22:36   #125
decebalus

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
Hi Alex,

On your type (first one) no kbus is fitted ,so no worry about the disconnecting
plug order ..
The schematic is the same except the auxiliary command.
(you have to connect pin3 to +12v )

This model is more robust than the other ,then faults vicious to find out .

Is the 5 volt generated ?

Mike
Hello Mike,

So the scheme from post 121 you drawn remains the same except connecting +12v to pin3, not ground to pin3 as for the newer model, correct?

(sorry my knowledge of the machine is a bit poor) how can i measure if the 5v is on? (i have a metter for that)

Can it be possible to fix it or it's a waste of time?
My car is going to 9 o'clock temp indicator in about 20 minutes more or less depending on the driving style, do you think the thermostat has something to do with that?

Kindly thanks for getting envolved

Alex

Last edited by decebalus; 14th January 2015 at 22:46..
decebalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 08:05   #126
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by decebalus View Post
Hello Mike,

So the scheme from post 121 you drawn remains the same except connecting +12v to pin3, not ground to pin3 as for the newer model, correct?

(sorry my knowledge of the machine is a bit poor) how can i measure if the 5v is on? (i have a metter for that)

Can it be possible to fix it or it's a waste of time?
My car is going to 9 o'clock temp indicator in about 20 minutes more or less depending on the driving style, do you think the thermostat has something to do with that?

Kindly thanks for getting envolved

Alex
Hi Alex,

To read more accurately your engine temp,use the OBD in 7.0

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...rd+diagnostics

You have a PM

Mike
Old 20th January 2015, 02:51   #127
wolfdoguk

rover 75 conni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
To test the external components ,You have all the infos on my schematic

And Forget the color of the resistors .the ohmmeter is the only way.

Mike
Ok, I've been quite ill, so I only just got chance to do your tests Mike.
I took the worst pcb, the one that looked like the elmos was burned and experimented with it, it started giving me readings from all the resistors, so i re-soldered them, put it back in the car and it works again!
Now, while I was at it, I did your tests as per your schematic. On the water pump, the bulb lit, but not as bright as if going direct to the battery, and the pump made a noise, moving on, the combustion fan ran while the bulb was lit "half brightness" and the fuel pump lit up too, also not as bright. Does this sound ok?
The other boards have dead resistors on them, so I will change them and see what happens with them, although I'm not sure about the physical size of the smd resistors, I got 4k7 and 47k, the body size is 1206, but seems a little too big, would 0805 be better? and what wattage should they be, 0.25w or 0.1w?
Thank you!

Paul

Last edited by wolfdoguk; 20th January 2015 at 03:24..
wolfdoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 07:07   #128
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdoguk View Post
I took the worst pcb, the one that looked like the elmos was burned and experimented with it, it started giving me readings from all the resistors, so i re-soldered them, put it back in the car and it works again!
Now, while I was at it, I did your tests as per your schematic. On the water pump, the bulb lit, but not as bright as if going direct to the battery, and the pump made a noise, moving on, the combustion fan ran while the bulb was lit "half brightness" and the fuel pump lit up too, also not as bright. Does this sound ok?
The other boards have dead resistors on them, so I will change them and see what happens with them, although I'm not sure about the physical size of the smd resistors, I got 4k7 and 47k, the body size is 1206, but seems a little too big, would 0805 be better? and what wattage should they be, 0.25w or 0.1w?
Thank you!

Paul
Yes Paul,everything is normal unless it will stop

And most of the resistors are 0805 /0.25 w

Mike

Last edited by Dragrad; 22nd January 2016 at 00:20..
Old 20th January 2015, 11:40   #129
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdoguk View Post
... On the water pump, the bulb lit, but not as bright as if going direct to the battery, and the pump made a noise, moving on, the combustion fan ran while the bulb was lit "half brightness" and the fuel pump lit up too, also not as bright. Does this sound ok?

Paul
Paul
Just a thought, the fuel pump is solenoid driven (it has a pulse signal) so the light should 'flash' in sync with the pump.
As mentioned in Mikes post #121
I think you could have a fuel pump issue, hence why both FBH's have issues when fitted to the car.

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 13:16   #130
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Paul
Just a thought, the fuel pump is solenoid driven (it has a pulse signal) so the light should 'flash' in sync with the pump.
As mentioned in Mikes post #121
I think you could have a fuel pump issue, hence why both FBH's have issues when fitted to the car.

SteveN
The easy way to know whether the pump is working, is to listen to it for clicks. The speed of the clicks vary, depending on the combustion state of the FBH, but they are easily heard. If its clicking you can be 99% sure it is pumping, but that doesn't guarantee fuel is coming out.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote