Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th January 2019, 16:45   #1
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Exclamation Wipers and alarm issue HELP!

Hi,

I came out to a flat battery the other day and when i got it going the alarm symbol was on the dash. Car was fine for a day or 2 and then i looked out of my window to see my alarms going off and wipers moving.

Turned the alarms off and started the the car to make sure battery wasn't dead (fired up first time). Pulled the key out and the wipers startes going again. I had to pull the wiper fuse to get them to stop.

After reading a few threads i checked plenums and the one below ecu was blocked but didn't have any standing water (it may have drained away?)

Cleaned the plenums and have just fitted a brand new 096 batter to replace the smaller one which was in. All fine for 5 mine ans then the wipers come on again.

Boot has been wet so have cleared that out ans bought new seals. I don't have satnav but there is a changer in the boot for the kenwood system. Could water at the rear affect electrics. Have also checked footwells and they are dry including near the bcu.

In short.. HELP!

Thanks,

Jonathan
Swordjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 18:09   #2
RAY OF THE ROVERS
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

I had the exact same thing happen. About 3 times through the night. Although the battery had enough in it to start the car. A new battery cured it, never done it since. I still use the battery as a back up when caravanning. Strange things happen when batteries start to go downhill.
RAY OF THE ROVERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 18:44   #3
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY OF THE ROVERS View Post
I had the exact same thing happen. About 3 times through the night. Although the battery had enough in it to start the car. A new battery cured it, never done it since. I still use the battery as a back up when caravanning. Strange things happen when batteries start to go downhill.

Put a brand new battery in and it was still the same. Also did a 30 mins battery reset and now car won't lock. Just beeps/toots when pressing tbe lock fob (have tried both keys). Getting very frustrating now
Old 17th January 2019, 19:25   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

If its beeping when locking, that indicates something open Check the bonnet switch. Open the bonnet, push down on the switch, then release.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 19:31   #5
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
If its beeping when locking, that indicates something open Check the bonnet switch. Open the bonnet, push down on the switch, then release.
I've gave that a go too, to no avail. The doors don't actually lock now, just beep. Even the key in the lock won't lock all the doors now.

The only way i can lock all the doors is to press the button next to the handbrake.

The wiper issue seems to be resolved after the battery reset and swapping the fuse with the one for rear wiper fuse ( i have a saloon so dont have a rear wiper).
Old 17th January 2019, 19:38   #6
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

See if this helps https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=248352
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 19:40   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Could be a body control module issue, I had a 75 once that used to unlock itself and wind all the windows down!
Old 17th January 2019, 22:40   #8
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Or maybe a K-Bus fault.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 08:07   #9
Swordjo

MG ZT 190+

Thanks guys I'll look into these.

Morning update:
  • Wiper issue wasn't sorted, looks the the fuse i used wasn't working hence me thinking I'd solved it!
  • Car will now lock with the keyfob, however alarm now goes off after a few mins.. has me thinking it may be bonnet sensor or due to the wiper issues possibly is the BCU. Will need to wait to the weekend now to investigate
Old 18th January 2019, 12:41   #10
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Have you got the highline IPK? If so, with the key to position II, and with the driver's door open, does the door open icon appear?

One other quick check - are the front window switches still operating their own windows or have they swapped sides?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote