Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th October 2018, 19:03   #11
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

In which case i stand corrected but i was only going on Sony's specs for your system that states it doesn't. If it does then happy days

Edit ... I have just noticed that you have bought a 630v and i'm pretty sure it does have an optical out as we sold those until it was superceeded by the 6300 earlier this year. It's a good entry level 4K set and i don't think we have seen any come back with any problems

Assuming both have an optical just use them and problem solved

Home Theatre Sony DAV - DZ230

Audio Line IN (Analog)
NO

Audio Line IN (Optical)

Audio Input (Front, mini)

Audio Line IN (Coaxial)

D.C.A.C. (Auto Calibration)
YES (bronze)

Headphone Jack (3.5mm / 6.3 mm)
3.5mm

SCART(COMPOSITE-out/RGB-out)

SCART(TV audio in)

Speaker Terminal (Front/Center/Surround/Sub Woofer)
YES / YES / YES / YES

Video Signal OUT (HDMI)Upscale720p/1080i for DVD

DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
YES

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 18th October 2018 at 19:13..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 22:03   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
In which case i stand corrected but i was only going on Sony's specs for your system that states it doesn't. If it does then happy days

Sorry, I have just rechecked the rear of the Sony and I was WRONG...

No Opto. I have two similar looking black boxes under the TV, the Sony and a Sat system. I went scratching through my cable boxes, to find an Opto lead I knew I had and I thought I had plugged it into the Sony. I had actually plugged it into the rear of my sat system

So it seems I am stuck with just the phono inputs to the Sony.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 22:44   #13
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Enjoy your new smart telly, you will be able to YouTube direct which is brilliant.
I watch on it most nights and can choose exactly what I want to watch and not the guff that’s forced on us night after night.

I’ve got a Sonus soundbar which is interconnected within my Sonus speakers throughout the house. If watching a movie it’s extremely good, plus I could if I wanted play the sound through to the kitchen area so if I’m making a coffee I don’t miss anything I suppose
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 23:50   #14
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

I think we might be back to using the Scart adaptor then, I'm trying to remember if the 630v has a headphone jack but age is obviously getting the better of me so you will have to wait until delivery for that one i'm afraid If it turns out it doesn't all is still not lost as you can get a CYP AU-D3-192 Dac that will convert the optical digital signal to Analogue Stereo Phono that will then plug into the Scart adaptor. I would think you would need to select AV1 on your Sony unit to listen to this feed. Both of these units are easily available online but the company i work for usually has the Dac in stock to pick up. I won't link for fear of advertising.....

However ... and this is a biggie ... Going down this route may cause some lypsync issues and i can make you no promises either way as it is very dependant on how things all just 'talk' together..

I think it might be worth considering moving onto a more modern flexible system and although i am a little hesitant to recommend specifics there is a large choice of audio solutions that can be tailored to your needs and will be much simpler to use.

I'd be happy to suggest some options if you wish and more than happy if you want to pm me about them.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 19th October 2018, 11:31   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

It arrived at 10:15 this morning and I struggled getting the old, heavy 50" plasma out, upstairs out of the way and the LG in its place. Thank got for having a stair lift

You were correct - the new LG has an Opto port.

The built in audio from the speakers sounds a little odd, volume is all over the place - I'm constantly having to be on the volume buttons and it seems to turn its own volume level down for the ads, on UKTV play (?) The wandering volume, might be a setting somewhere (?) Volume output is much more than I might need.

It seems there is a lot to be found in there and a lot to get used to..

Anyone know whether it might be possible to install and run KODI on it?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 19th October 2018, 11:43   #16
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

The speakers will be a little different from what you are used to mostly due to the demand to make Tv's thinner and lighter. It probably has an auto volume feature to try and level the audio from tv ads as these are traditionally set at a higher volume than normal programmes to 'grab' your attention. You will also find the volume higher on HD channels over SD channels mostly to do with the higher bandwidth available.

Kodi is probably not available natively on your set however there is a range of plug in sticks that you can get relatively inexpensively that just need a free Hdmi port ...
http://www.datahardware.co.uk/other/...xoCa4wQAvD_BwE
I only use that as an example but i have no knowledge of the company so cannot specifically recommend you use them and there are lots out there so look around.

Enjoy your new set and i hope you can see the difference in quality especially watching the Hd channels
Btw go onto Youtube and search for "4k video" and you will find 1000's of hours of 4k demos that will show off what you new set is capable of (assuming your broadband is fast enough. 18 megs is normally fast enough to stream ok at full quality, sets will generally downgrade the image quality on youtube if your speed isn't sufficent and may start off a little fuzzy then snap into sharpness once it has checked what speed you have)

Last edited by Rogue; 19th October 2018 at 11:50..
Old 21st October 2018, 08:12   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

All (nearly) sorted out now, there is/was a lot to be learned about modern TV's.

The wild sound, far too quiet bits and far too loud bits was due to its Smart Sound Mode. Turn that off and it has sorted the wild variations in level output. There are still a lot of sound adjustments to investigate, but there is plenty of volume - it will not need a sound bar.

The picture, like the sound, seemed to be set to go to maximum extremes of bright and dark. Contrast was set at 100%, reducing that to 50% and increasing the brightness has made that much better.

These were both/all as it came from the factory/ factory defaults. Well worth the upgrade to a modern set, hopefully it might last as long as the plasma it replaced - which is still working fine, just rather long in the tooth.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 21st October 2018 at 08:16..