Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2019, 20:24   #11
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

A couple of weeks ago I had loaned my car to the boy because his didn’t have an MOT so he could get to work, it had over three quarters of a tank of fuel, today we round to pick it up, and guess what!, it had an empty tank showing with less than a twenty mile range showing, excuse was I was going to put some fuel in this Friday when I get paid.
I asked how were you going to get to work tomorrow with no money, his reply was he can use his partners car,

So round to the local garage and it cost me over £69 pounds to fill it up, kids who would have them.

Rev
I have to say that you probably jest and that taken as a whole it doesn't matter too much when you look after your offspring as you evidently do.

The point i am trying to make is that take care of them and appreciate them as we know because our daughter passed away.

You do lend them the car,service it, wash etc but so long as it is returned and they are okay then all is good.

Getting tearful, so bye for now.

Dave
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 07:11   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post
I have to say that you probably jest and that taken as a whole it doesn't matter too much when you look after your offspring as you evidently do.

The point i am trying to make is that take care of them and appreciate them as we know because our daughter passed away.

You do lend them the car,service it, wash etc but so long as it is returned and they are okay then all is good.

Dave
Good morning Dave, I am very sorry to read about you losing your daughter, how life is short and tragic. Several years ago, one of my nephews asked if he could borrow my 4x4 to go with his mates on safari. I thought OK what’s the worst that can happen to it, not much. They went in convoy, mine and a Land Rover. The Land Rover was trashed and it had to be towed back to Nairobi, a distance of over 100 miles. What I had not counted on was my nephew driving my 4x4 through a river in the bush. They said it was a hoot. I think they could have gone another way. The water came inside the car and up over the seats but it somehow remained drivable. When the car got back to Nairobi, it was in a sorry state. I had to take the seats out, strip out the carpets and it was ages drying everything out. Apart from that, they had a lot of fun. I suppose it could be said, boys will be boys.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 07:42   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post

Dave

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I agree wholeheartedly. I would do anything for my two teenagers. That is, other than making life too easy for them so they lose touch with reality. So they are regularly reminded of how hard life can be and could be.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote