Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th November 2018, 09:37   #1
jpdoc
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default mk3 sat nav screen very dim

I posted this a few days ago in the general ICE forum, but I realized that as it refers to a factory fit mk3 satnav I should really have posted here - here goes -

The screen on my mk3 satnav has gradually become very dim over the last few months, to the point where it's difficult to see in the daylight.

When I disconnect the satnav cd unit the default "blocky" screen is normal brightness, but when I reconnect the unit the screen is again very dim. So I'm assuming the problem is with the satnav cd computer itself, or the connections.

As an aside it has stopped ejecting the disc when the eject button is pressed - this may be unrelated. Everything else works, and the red light goes out after a few minutes as normal.

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.
jpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 10:38   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

try cleaning the connector on the tv module its under boot trim on the passenger side.spray with some electrical contact cleaner.
Old 17th November 2018, 11:21   #3
jpdoc
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the thought but I think that this is unlikely - if I select TV on the main menu I get full brightness static (of course, it being analog) and the graphics overlay is full brightness. If I then select the sat nav option on the main menu, the screen goes dim again. Although the radio display is also dimmed when the sat nav cd computer is connected.

And as I said if I disconnect the sat nav cd computer the screen is normal

brightness on all functions (except sat nav of course), albeit with the "blocky" simplified screen graphics.

I'll have a look at the video connection but it's difficult to see how the tv unit could make this happen. Unless you had specific knowledge/experience that says that this could happen?

But thanks for responding anyway, much appreciated.
jpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 14:22   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Does indeed sound like a sat nav problem. IIRC when the sat nav is disc there is a default video driver in the tuner that takes over.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote