Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2011, 08:33   #1
savi18
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur, Range Rover Sport

Smile New Zealand Contacts Needed If Poss

Hi All, have purchased a 1999 Rover 75 which needs a lot of loving care, its the 2.5 V6, to have the cambelts done here will cost almost 1500 pounds, this is what is quoted by a ex Rover dealer,does anyone have contacts here as who can do it a lot cheaper, i live near Dunedin in the South Island, i am tempted to do it myself as i was a mechanic in Manchester for 30 years doing many head/cambelts on the early 16v Rovers but not the KV6 engine, If any Rover mechanics coming over for the rugby world cup wants to do it they will get free accomodation and car for the 3 England matches played here in Dunedin. Cheers Derek

Last edited by savi18; 9th July 2011 at 02:54..
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:35   #2
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

I´ve just had mine done.Mate who did them has never done a KV6 before but been a mech for the last 30 years or more. I´d aquired the special tools via a member on here. You will need a set otherwise it will be very dificult. Proper garage facillities (he has a pit with a hydraulic jack - so that he could more the engine about in the engine bay, to get at things easier).

If you can get the tools and garage facillities together then maybe I could send you the tools (although they weigh a little bit)

Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:11   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Heritage Mechanical Services are K-series experts who quite possibly recondition our engines to a higher standard than Rover produced new. Unfortunately they are located in Auckland on the North Island but I thought it worth mentioning because they might know of someone closer to you who can help. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 09:36   #4
savi18
Avid contributor

Hi All, May do this myself as i will price up the req tools to do the job, finding the time to do it is the problem as i run a transport business and work 6 days aweek, will see what the cost of inporting parts from UK and tools from here if available, anybody know what the book time is for doing the belts as the ex Rover dealer here says 12 hours. Cheers Derek
Old 11th July 2011, 07:44   #5
savi18
Avid contributor

Good news on cambelt change the ex Rover dealer here in Dunedin NZ will do the belts for around 300 pounds labour charge only if i supply the parts, they want around 700 pounds for the parts so will locate the bits myself on ebay,will keep you posted, Cheers Derek