Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2011, 09:29   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Kitchen unit advice

This probably needs to be moved to a different section of the forum, but I could not find a suitable one.

I put the kitchen in long ago, put it was badly let down by the drawers I bought at the time - not very robust plastic, with hardboard bases. So I've been seeking replacements - now found via ebay. Metal drawers with an 18mm base, I'm just confused by the height. Choice is 85mm or 150mm high.

What we have at the moment is two identical units, each with four drawers, so eight new ones needed in total. The heights of the fronts are top to bottom - 160, 185, 185,185mm. The heights of the existing drawers (not sure how they are measured inside or outside) around 75 to 85mm.

Obviously, I want to get the ones with the best height. Top drawer height is limited by carcass brackets in each upper corner, 3rd drawer down is similarly restricted in height by a bar which runs across to reinforce the carcass. So those at least have to be the 85mm high drawers. Intention is to reuse the existing fronts, just replace the drawers and runners with new.

I'm puzzling over whether the 150mm height drawers could be used in 2nd and 4th drawer positions in each unit or not. The 150mm size seems to be called 'deep pan'.

So my order choice is 8x 85mm or 4x 85mm plus 4x 150mm. 8x 85mm is my safe option, but 4x 150mm would be a better option if I can confirm first that they would actually fit.

I can't really ask the seller, nor can I measure the new drawers for fit before purchase. Is anyone familiar with kitchen units please?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 29th May 2011 at 09:37..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 09:35   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to (a more) appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 17:20   #3
swinnie
Avid contributor

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD Veloce

You could remove your draws and build up the side with cardboard or something simular to 150mm and refit to see if they would catch any where. It might be easier to tell if you can remove the fronts. Unless the brace is across the front it should not affect the drawer. Derek
swinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 18:04   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinnie View Post
You could remove your draws and build up the side with cardboard or something simular to 150mm and refit to see if they would catch any where. It might be easier to tell if you can remove the fronts. Unless the brace is across the front it should not affect the drawer. Derek
The brace is at the front above the 3rd drawer down. My problem is I don't have any clues as to where the 85 or the 150mm is actually measured from - which is where the familiarity of an installer comes in, doing it all the time.

If the two taller drawers are too high, then they will be hitting the fronts of the drawers above them. The actual drawer vertical position is set by the drawer front, but there is a small amount of vertical adjustment between each drawer and its corresponding front.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote