Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 07:07   #41
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Not driven an auto version of "our" cars but plenty of other autos - and they all had an easy knock down from what was the overdrive top ratio to the lower gear. Do our cars not have this?
I honestly don't know.

But I hate how it operates.

My mate says, 'it's me' he owns an automatic MG ZTT.

But it does operate completely differently from the Honda Accord I used to own and all the other automatics over the years.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 08:35   #42
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

To cure "labouring" just flick it into "Sport" mode and it will rarely go into top. I use it as a sort of reverse overdrive.
Old 21st March 2017, 09:16   #43
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Rear window de-mister.

I've spent more time switching it off than I ever spent turning it on in every other car I've ever owned. EVER!
I have a simple cure for this,while you drive away hold gear knob with left hand and index finger pointing forward, when you change from 2nd to 3rd your finger should line up exactly with demist button. "simples"
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 11:19   #44
sponge_mike
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Automatic

And that the leather gaiter for the auto box is obviously too small because they all come apart at the front eventually...

Mike
sponge_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 11:31   #45
Mike24
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Auto Saloon Connoisseur SE

I seem to spend a fair amount of time prodding the air vents on the fascia to try and stop them from buzzing. I've just been out to the car this morning and wedged a strip of rubber between the bottom of the dash moulding and the top of the centre console above the radio to see if that will do the trick. Hate rattles and clunks and road noise and wind noise...
Mike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 11:54   #46
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I don't like having to 'cue' over the top of the armrest to pull up the handbrake. It's even worse when swmbo has her arm on it Another thing I'm not keen on is the parking bleeper is under the parcel shelf, I usually drive sitting in the front so does it need to be so far away from my ear?
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 12:52   #47
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
I can't really think of anything day to day that annoys me on our cars. I guess the only thing that's a bit inconvenient is that although in a saloon the rear seats fold down, they don't fold down very well or flat, and the centre seat belt gets in the way. And 1st gear is too short on a diesel.

Other than that, I think they did a good job convenience wise with our cars... until you have to do some mechanical work
'Fold down' rear seats that don't go flat are a little annoying - but it's the fold down arm rest that does my head in everytime I have something long to put in the rest just refuses to stay down and always pops up 2/3 of the way. Oh, and having to remove the rear seat headrests to get the seat folded is a pain as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozjensen View Post
Totally agree about the rear window demister coming on so frequently - is there any way of disabling this 'feature'??

Thanks

Tony
I find if you don't look at it you just appreciate it when it is needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
1: Exterior Boot Release Handle. There isn't one.

2: Auto Stop Wipers. I want to see out of the windscreen when stationary at a junction or set of traffic lights when its raining.
Exterior boot release handle? pull the plinth off of course..... Would be nice if it had a button like the tourer to release the latch though.

should go to intermittent from continuous, or down one step intermittent when on intermittent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
5: Central Locking. One press unlock driver door only.
Can be disabled on t4 'single point entry'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Thing that bugs me is I think the boot release is too low to reach. I wish it was a bit easier to get to without breaking my back. Maybe it's just me...
The poor location for the boot release button - I have to open the door to find it! - it's electric why put it there????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusdee View Post
Humm cd changer takes up all the glove box,passenger seat doesn't adjust up or down but the worse thing it beeps every time I push a button on the climate control panel. Apart from that its great
CD changer taking over the glovebox is yuck didn't have this in the 800 - in the boot where it should be. Hate the passenger seat position feels awful to me without height and tilt adjust.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 21st March 2017 at 12:55..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 16:04   #48
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Not driven an auto version of "our" cars but plenty of other autos - and they all had an easy knock down from what was the overdrive top ratio to the lower gear. Do our cars not have this?
I always thought that with an auto, if you shove your foot down to the floor, whatever gear you are in, it automatically drops down a gear (unless you are in 1st of course, coz then you'd be in reverse, which just wouldn't work!). I know that's what happened in my Accord, and it is what happened in my brothers Audi A3. Dunno what his Jag does; I assume it drives for you whilst giving you a foot rub.

Must say though, having a trip-tronic box is great as you can take some control back whilst still having the luxury of the auto box. I do miss that in my manual, but then I can thrape the heck out of it and not have the gearbox tell me what to do.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 18:18   #49
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryhall View Post
I always thought that with an auto, if you shove your foot down to the floor, whatever gear you are in, it automatically drops down a gear (unless you are in 1st of course, coz then you'd be in reverse, which just wouldn't work!). I know that's what happened in my Accord, and it is what happened in my brothers Audi A3. Dunno what his Jag does; I assume it drives for you whilst giving you a foot rub.

Must say though, having a trip-tronic box is great as you can take some control back whilst still having the luxury of the auto box. I do miss that in my manual, but then I can thrape the heck out of it and not have the gearbox tell me what to do.
You are right of course - flooring it should kick it down. But there is also usually an ability to "snick" the box from top gear down to the second highest gear without having to press the selector button.

This was great when towing. You could do it by flooring the accelerator but I never used this much as I was (still am!!) too much of a tight wad and didn't want to want to waste fuel.

The only tiptronic gearbox we had for any length of time was in SWMBO's Peugeot. It was good fun but it had some funny quirks that ultimately led us to get a car with a standard manual gearbox.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 19:30   #50
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Yeah, I found myself playing with the flappy paddles far too much unnecessarily. And same with the Accord with the up-down gear selector bit. Just randomly flapping up and down gears just to use the knob.

I am a child.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote