Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2008, 20:19   #1
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

Default Black Olive heater valve now available

http://www9.mgcars.org.uk/mgoc260/f0...ead.php?t=3445

Im doing a quick run of 5 to get them on our cars and assessed, but be quick, only two places left

(ONLY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VIA THE TWO - SIXTIES- SEE POST FURTHER DOWN)

Last edited by black olive; 21st November 2008 at 20:49..
black olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:33   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Any chance of a preview over here? Non Two-Sixty members can't see the forums over there
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:37   #3
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

but of course, sir

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=28577

and this is the text from the post over there

Ive been driving around with the pre production valve in Black olive for a couple of weeks now- and I am very pleased with the results.

However as my car only covers a few miles a week- its going to take me years to give it a thorough shakedown.

As its built like a brick outhouse ( and there are thousands fitted to boilers all over the world) I cant see it giving any problems though.
Also I have had a number of PM's from owners desparate to take the plunge.

SO- I am going to manufacture a run of 5 production units, in order to refine my manufacturing technique on a run ( this doesnt mean they will be any shoddier than any later units, each unit will be hand made and given the same amount of attention), and let you give me feedback on my fitting instructions.

So, If you are interested in purchasing a valve, I would ask the following.

Give me feedback on any issues with the install.
Give me feedback on any tweaks required to the fitting instructions.
Let me know how the valves are performing on your cars. (they should be fine )
This would really help out the collective, as a few of you are high milers ( mine is only used once a week and for posing at the weekend).

The only other thing you would need to ensure is that it is actually your valve that is fritzed, and not your actuator, as I cannot get hold of actuators ( and they appear to be bomb proof- so cant see any issues with them ). This is fairly easy to do without disconnecting any coolant pipes, if you remove your nearside plenum/scuttle cover, and remove the panel underneath you will be able to see your valve, toggle your climate between low and high with the car warmed up and the engine running the actuator should be seen to move the valve. If not, the valve may be seized, in this case undo its mounting bolts on the front of the plenum cover and lift it out ( with the coolant pipes still attached) and remove the actuator from the valve, then toggle the climate control again, and the actuator should move . let me know if you need further info.

Price wise, the valves are £110 which includes postage and a £10 club donation ( a requirement of advertising via the club shop ). ( a third of the price of the X part pressed tin effort)

Ive arranged with Phil to do the honours of using the club account ( thank you very much), timescale wise once your cheques have cleared, and I have been paid from the 260's account, leadtime should be about two weeks.

NOTE THE DETAILS ABOVE APPLY TO THE 260'S FORUM. WHEN I GO INTO FULL PRODUCTION THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE OVER HERE ALSO, AND THE DOANTION WILL GO TO THIS CLUB FOR THOSE I SELL VIA HERE

Last edited by black olive; 21st November 2008 at 20:48..
black olive is offline   Reply With Quote