Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th February 2009, 10:44   #1
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Default OH NO! worse symptoms now than before

I have become very fond of my 2002 52 reg Rover75. After owning for just over 6 years and covering 64000 miles with little trouble apart from an ABS sensor I am rather worried atm. I have started to see blueish smoke from the exhaust, more noticeable by following cars at night, but can be seen during daylight. The engine is running just as it did the first day I bought it and the tickover is steady and quiet. However, I have noticed a little lumpiness when starting from cold for the first 1/2 mile or so. Fuel consumption has always been excellent until recently but I'm still managing 38 mpg on mixed driving (mainly urban). I have used Millers diesel clean religiously since the car was around 1 year old and have sworn by this for improved economy and smooth running. I do hope I haven't an expensive repair job. At first I thought it may be the glow plugs, but I am informed that once warm you should not see smoke.

Hope there is someone out there who may have had a similar problem and who can reassure me that I won't have a big repair bill coming up.

With the car only having done 64000k - mostly long runs until recently I am hoping that I can double this.

Thanks for your interest

Rob (an infrequent visitor, but for the ABS sensor where I got good advice on here)

I posted the above on Friday evening and a few of you have replied. The situation has devloped another twist. The Car ran perfectly yesterday and I was thinking of calling off doing anything. However, I started the car this morning and it was like a bag of nails - symptoms were as if someone had put petrol or the wrong fuel in the tank with clouds of blues smoke - very worrying - do these syptoms sound familiar and is the diagnosis still the same? I read a post on the PCV and one 75 being dead at 107K - I'm hoping mine isn't dead!

Worried Rob!!!
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 12:35   #2
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Is it using any oil? I'm thinking it could be a fuel injector problem.
Old 15th February 2009, 16:13   #3
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post

Rob (an infrequent visitor, but for the ABS sensor where I got good advice on here)

I posted the above on Friday evening and a few of you have replied. The situation has devloped another twist. The Car ran perfectly yesterday and I was thinking of calling off doing anything. However, I started the car this morning and it was like a bag of nails - symptoms were as if someone had put petrol or the wrong fuel in the tank with clouds of blues smoke - very worrying - do these syptoms sound familiar and is the diagnosis still the same? I read a post on the PCV and one 75 being dead at 107K - I'm hoping mine isn't dead!

Worried Rob!!!

Are you sure you posted on this forum before? This looks like your first post.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 17:34   #4
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

I think he's got us confused with the other one
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote