Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd February 2009, 15:33   #11
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Possum944 Where abouts are you located? Perhaps a local member ma be able to help pinpoint the noise.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:34   #12
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

i have bought a new crackshaft pulley but i dont think thats it im also going to do the aux belt and tentioners after that i dont know where its comming from.

Last edited by prits_uk2002; 3rd February 2009 at 15:37..
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 17:28   #13
Possum944

Rover 75 2.5 Con SE 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_uk2002 View Post
i have had the same problem i have been living with it since may(thats when i bopught it). i always warm it up to norm temp than drive it starts 5 mins after starting from cold and goes away after its been driven i have created a thread on this let me see if i can find it theres a sound clips aswell see if it sounds similar
Hi Prits

I have listened to your recording and my noise is the same, however it is there as soon as I start the car and then goes when it has warmed up.

I did a sound clip with my phone but I can only get it to play back on Nokia software so have not uploaded to this site.

I have just left it at what used to be a main dealer that I have used in the past for them to have a listen in the morning, I will feed back the outcome on Thursday evening.

Steven in answer to your question I am in Bristol, nice thought but lets see what the outcome from the dealer is first before anyone travel over to me.

Thanks both for your suggestions

Possum
Possum944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 15:09   #14
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

any update
Old 14th February 2009, 09:31   #15
Possum944

Rover 75 2.5 Con SE 2004

Default Update

Hi

Sorry that I did'nt post an update last week, had a rather hectic few days.

The dealer has suggested that the noise is the purge valve, and its not something to worry about. Suggested that if I change it the replacement may also make a noise ! so not to bother.

They also completed a diagnostic check which showed no faults present or stored. All of which is good news.

My only problem with this is that the mechanic told me that the noise was only there for a few seconds and then went, which was not and is not the case, so I am as ever slightly dissatisfied with the outcome. I do have to go over again to see them and will be taking a recording with me this time.

It did occur to me after I left the garage that they had kept it in doors and that it is only something that is apparent when very cold, only time will tell if thats the case.

However I do not have much hope of reaching a solution. Nice car, but I have an issue with mechnical things that make strange noises, they are not designed to do this.

Should I have any further info I will post. Finally thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread.

Possum944
Possum944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 11:38   #16
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

i had to leave mines twice for overnight each time there and they still coundnt get the sound. after i got NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- the day after i drove there parked it outside on street, bussed to work did half day, busesed it back to the garages called out the mickey mouse club and showed them. then they advised they will need to take the belts off and thats gonna cost 200 pounds i asked will this garantee the diagnosis they said no. i thought forget it and this was an mgr garages bishop and bishop in leicester