Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th October 2019, 11:28   #1
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Default Empty house

Today my house feels empty and very quite. Its not really because the normal daily things we do are still taking place but yesterday afternoon my dog died and her presence in the home is missing and noticeable. She wasn't a noisy barking type of dog so the silence seems more poignant some how. The sadness is permeating through the whole house.

A few weeks ago she was poisoned because a cowboy pest controller put poison down in my neighbours air vents to control wasps. Some were on our shared access area and he failed to comply with regulations and she went over and sniffed it. It nearly killed her but she pulled through with the vets concerned about possible organ damage. On the 5th of this month I took Tilly with me on holiday to a small rented place on the outskirts of Brixham. All was well but towards the end of the first week she seemed a bit off but then went back to normal. The second week she would sometimes show signs of being a bit tired and not wanting to walk as much. The drive home took ages because of the closure of the M1 and 70 miles from home I parked up at a services to wait it out a bit and plan a route home to avoid it. We had a few walks around the place and she was fine. On eventually arriving home she had difficulty getting out of the car and walking, from then on she went from being her normal self to being like this.

I thought it must be as a result of the poisoning but it wasn't, it was a fast growing tumour that grew around a vein which then ruptured. It was so quick and I worry that I didn't get it right and walked her too much last week when she may have been in a lot of pain. I've had dogs for most of my life since childhood and not including my first boyhood dog two have been extra special and Tilly was one and I will really miss her. Her early life was terrible she was subjected to cruelty that put her owner in prison. Once the year long criminal case was completed I was able to adopter her from the RSPCA kennels where she was living and rebuild her faith in humans. She became my best friend.

I'm really upset now, sorry for burdening you with this but felt I needed to do something to help the grief.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 12:01   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Sad news Rob, sorry for the loss. Losing a pet is very much like losing a member of the family, it's the reason I won't get another dog, hurts too much when they go
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 12:43   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
I'm really upset now, sorry for burdening you with this but felt I needed to do something to help the grief.
Don't apologise Rob, as Ronnie said you've lost a family member. Losing a dog is hard, lost two in the last few years but they were down to old age, one (Toy Poodle, 18+years old) passed away in his own bed during the night, the other (Weird looking(!) Pekingese/Maltese cross that was my parent's dog, adopted her when my parents left us, 16 years old) passed away in my arms while I was drying her after a bath, suspect her heart gave out.

I'll always have dogs, the place is too quiet without them but I'd never have just one, losing a dog is "easier" if it isn't an only pet, currently got three as you can see below.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 13:24   #4
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Totally understand , we still miss our old pooch who was with us for 22 years.. it was so traumatic never had another since , and he passed over 25 years ago, silly innit ? .

Also lost our puss Merl last year at 18 and still not got over that yet .

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 13:51   #5
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Never a nice time. Mt 21 year old cat lived through a divorce and my Dad dying and other stuff. Went out every day for a wander even in the snow. Used to offload the days working woes on him every evening. Poor thing must have thought I was nuts. Had a nice canvas picture made of the little chap which still hangs on the wall. Strange how they get under your skin...
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 13:55   #6
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Sorry to hear this sad news about your dog, They're a huge part of everyday family life and sure are missed when they die.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 15:50   #7
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Absolutely true they are part of the family, when my dad passed away mum got a dog and he lived with her for around 6yr she loved him to bits.

When mum passed he had nowhere to live so he came to live with us, he was always a reminder of my mum and lived with us for a further 7yr. He died in my arms one night with me, wife and son with him....

He now resides in a special place in the back garden regardless of what the law said.

So, heart felt condolences on the loss of Tilly, your friend and without doubt a family member.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 18:52   #8
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Sorry to hear this Rob.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 19:32   #9
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

No burden at all Rob, loads of us on here are dog lovers. I feel your pain, I lost my old dog to liver failure 25 years ago, it still hurts now.
Old 24th October 2019, 22:12   #10
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

So sorry to read of your loss.

Sounds like you gave Tilly the best of life after her traumatic start.

I'm sure you will have some wonderful memories of a special companion and she would have passed knowing she was loved.