Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2016, 11:46   #931
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Wait until the working class start to loose their jobs. We will hark back to the good old days when we were 'in' and wealthy. I'm retired, if I was young enough I would up sticks and leave. The rest of the world will be hard pressed to understand why we have done this. I think within the year it will be obvious that we have chosen badly. We should never have been given the referendum. Boris and Gove what a pair! Today feels like a bad dream to me. My son in law works for a French company here in the uk, my daughter tells me they are, as of this morning, worried about his job.
Old 24th June 2016, 12:08   #932
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I concur with the last post and feel its time a mod closed this debate it has been given a very fair hearing and a conclusion has been reached. I realize it is the right of OP to request closure but I hope moderators will consider this request
Old 24th June 2016, 12:13   #933
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn1 View Post
I think one thing that was not stated strongly enough before the vote was the real effect on the economy of a leave vote.

This morning at work (Renault Truck dealership) the cost of our parts from France have risen by 10% - and who knows what will happen when they have to start charging us 22.5% VAT - which of course they don't do at the moment- VAT that we will not be able to reclaim......

Just one small observation.

Les
That's either (the temporary) £/€ exchange rate adjustment or the 'we can do what we like, the rules only apply to everyone else' opportunist French (what's new) jacking-up their prices 'cos, as yet, nothing has changed other than we have formally declared
'RESIGNING THE CLUB, YOU CHANGED THE MEMBERSHIP RULES AND WE DON'T CARE ANY MORE FOR WHAT THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE OFFERS US'
Old 24th June 2016, 12:14   #934
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Wait until the working class start to loose their jobs. We will hark back to the good old days when we were 'in' and wealthy. I'm retired, if I was young enough I would up sticks and leave. The rest of the world will be hard pressed to understand why we have done this. I think within the year it will be obvious that we have chosen badly. We should never have been given the referendum. Boris and Gove what a pair! Today feels like a bad dream to me. My son in law works for a French company here in the uk, my daughter tells me they are, as of this morning, worried about his job.

We don't have to wait for the working classes to start loosing their jobs. What about the Ford Transit workers who have already lost their jobs to Turkey BECAUSE we are in the EU. And what about the Steel workers, and the fishermen, do they not count? Of course there will be some job losses, but surely we can hope and work toward creating new and better jobs.
And of course we still have that pool of 2.5million essential EU workers, who will perhaps no longer be quite so essential. So in effect, and without being racist, or xenophobic, just controlling the flow of migrants will be enough to offset many of the job losses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 24th June 2016, 12:32   #935
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Now watch as the EU disintegrates
I think it is and always was inevitable.
All that a few other EU countries have been waiting for is for someone to make the first move.
Far better now to be out of it instead of being one of the last hangers-on of a failed system

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Old 24th June 2016, 12:34   #936
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Well I've already been called a Racist xenophobe who does not know what the eu does, so I'll go and kick a few puppies while I'm at it.

I thought it was called democracy, sometimes you do not get what you want, that's how it works!
Old 24th June 2016, 12:56   #937
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
We don't have to wait for the working classes to start loosing their jobs. What about the Ford Transit workers who have already lost their jobs to Turkey BECAUSE we are in the EU. And what about the Steel workers, and the fishermen, do they not count? Of course there will be some job losses, but surely we can hope and work toward creating new and better jobs.
And of course we still have that pool of 2.5million essential EU workers, who will perhaps no longer be quite so essential. So in effect, and without being racist, or xenophobic, just controlling the flow of migrants will be enough to offset many of the job losses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This might mean we've seen the last trawler being broken up, it certainly means we get control over our fishing areas, there are going to be quite a few Spanish fishermen getting a shock. I predict sea battles like we've seen in Gibralter as we have the most fishing stock and, Johnny Foreigner is not going to like being stopped. It should mean we get many jobs back in the industry, a lot of them in Scotland.
Old 24th June 2016, 12:57   #938
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

At least if we make a mess of it, it will be our own mess, not one resulting from an out of control EU we didn't originally vote ourselves in for.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:03   #939
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn1 View Post
and who knows what will happen when they have to start charging us 22.5% VAT - which of course they don't do at the moment- VAT that we will not be able to reclaim......

Just one small observation.

Les
Exports are not charged VAT on when they go to none EU countries, they are VAT free. No VAT paid, no VAT to reclaim.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 24th June 2016, 13:11   #940
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I thought that financially, Scotland, Wales and Ireland could not afford to go it alone? Scotland's oil is almost valueless to them at the moment. What would they use for money?

Closed Thread