Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th July 2014, 12:51   #1
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

Default Brake light fail... Yes/no/yes/no...

So the problem i have is with brake lights.
reacently my ZT-T developed strange problem. When i am driving, i push brake pedal, and light failure warning comes on in dash, then release brakes, keep on driving, and it goes off, braking again, again comes on!
I am not sure is it really failing, but i have changed 2 bulbs already, they where burned out. Maybe i should check with some help, is it really failing...
But now i don't understand - if the bulb fails, then dash should show it all the time...??
Help! Advise!
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 12:55   #2
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

yes/no/yes/no is usually the indicators...

The system works by applying a small current to monitor - this doesn't light the lamp - if the test fails, then the warning light will illuminate. A successful operation of the lights at full power will turn this off until the monitoring is done again.

It sounds as though you are using cheap and nasty bulbs, or there is a high resistance somewhere in the mounting of the bulb.
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 14:11   #3
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshirelad View Post
The system works by applying a small current to monitor - this doesn't light the lamp - if the test fails, then the warning light will illuminate. A successful operation of the lights at full power will turn this off until the monitoring is done again.

It sounds as though you are using cheap and nasty bulbs, or there is a high resistance somewhere in the mounting of the bulb.
In this case as You are describing - it would be different. It would show failure on dash all the time, and when pedal pushed - it would dissapear, as i understand. But the opposite happens, failure comes on only when brake pedal is pushed and brake light comes on (i guess it does).
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote