Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2013, 09:31   #1
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default POL or Heritage Motor Centre

Christopher how are you doing?

It is several months before the National Meeting and as such, I was wondering if you had thought of presenting OVP to either the POL or the meeting at Gaydon or both? I read on another thread that Sean Car had offered a full body spray for nothing except for the cost of the paint. If this is correct, maybe it is opportunity for you to consider. If there are logistical problems with this, I suspect there are resourceful members in the club who could be called upon to help.

It would be lovely if OVP and the surviving S reg cars were able to come together for a photo shoot at Gaydon given the place these cars have in the history of MGR. I believe the launch cars will be celebrating the event. Can we make it happen also for the pre-launch ones as well

I am hoping you will be able to find the time to get back to us about OVP as there is still a lot of interest in the car and this is why I have posted this up instead of sending you a private message. Positive thoughts

Regards

Phil
Old 1st December 2013, 09:43   #2
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Totally agree Phil, it would be a nice occasion for an outing of the car. No matter how the car is presentation wise, it always manages to attract attention.

Your location looks exotic Phil, hope your back in London and attending the weekend, it would be nice to catch up.
Old 2nd December 2013, 00:29   #3
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Phil, I will respond privately because experience tells me that whatever I write gets taken the wrong way by each of the different camps. Suffice it to say I am not opposed to your idea, I think its a good just need to talk practicalities etc.

Best

Christopher

:Santa5:

in banana veritas
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:51   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Totally agree Phil, it would be a nice occasion for an outing of the car. No matter how the car is presentation wise, it always manages to attract attention.Your location looks exotic Phil, hope your back in London and attending the weekend, it would be nice to catch up.
Thanks for your support Paul. The point you make on how the car is presented, is of course an important one and on reflection I think that even if it was not up to scratch, that in itself can be considered as part of OVP's ongoing restoration.

Even though Kenya and South Africa has its problems Paul, I count my blessings being able to write from such a lovely location. I am back in March and looking forward to catching up with you. It was fun to see Paul, Andrew and yourself in one of the recent photos of OVP. It is amazing to see how many people have been involved in the car over the years
Old 2nd December 2013, 10:05   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Phil, I will respond privately because experience tells me that whatever I write gets taken the wrong way by each of the different camps. Suffice it to say I am not opposed to your idea, I think its a good just need to talk practicalities etc.

Best

Christopher

:Santa5:
Christopher given what you have said, it will be good to talk through the logistics/practical issues for OVP. I look forward to hearing from you privately. Thanks for getting back to me

Kind regards

Phil
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:05   #6
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I didnt realize I was part of a camp !! Oh well you learn something new every day if you are lucky, troulble is a one fact comes in another falls out of the old hard drive LOL, can we have normal smilies back please
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:20   #7
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Normal smilies are still there, the festive ones are just at the top of the list
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:45   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Default POL or Heritage Motor Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
I didnt realize I was part of a camp !! Oh well you learn something new every day if you are lucky, troulble is a one fact comes in another falls out of the old hard drive LOL, can we have normal smilies back please

If you wish to express apathy Mike, there are other threads still open for you to do so. You are welcome to pm me about this

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 3rd December 2013 at 04:41..
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:25   #9
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

i can put a stop to it all i have 150 quid for ovp i will stack it and strip it and sell the parts to club members only at cut down price so they can keep there cars up to scratch and at least ovp will be going to do some good to all and not wasting away.
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:33   #10
Markj

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
i can put a stop to it all i have 150 quid for ovp i will stack it and strip it and sell the parts to club members only at cut down price so they can keep there cars up to scratch and at least ovp will be going to do some good to all and not wasting away.
Good shout Sean.
Closed Thread