Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2018, 20:03   #11
brianw
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Rover 75 1.8 Auto Connie

Thanks for that.
Mine is the MGR version with the 4 3 screen and single tuner but the screens I see are the same. I can select the items to be reported ok but when I go to the service selection screen and select RDS-TMC it comes up with the message "Note: No RDS-TMC function available"
I just don't know why.
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 00:06   #12
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Mark View Post
I think you're right, you need a TMC compatible disc.

I've fitted a BMW Mk4 DVD drive to the ZT with 2018 maps and TMC works a treat
Where do you get the maps? Presumably BMW ones?

I've got speed camera notifications on mine, is this part of the Original BMW DVD or do I need to procure a "modified" one off ebay?! ))
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 19:47   #13
Moonshine Mark

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Where do you get the maps? Presumably BMW ones?

I've got speed camera notifications on mine, is this part of the Original BMW DVD or do I need to procure a "modified" one off ebay?! ))
I got my disc on eBay, it's a backup disc because I obviously lost my original

The TMC works fine, normally it says in the advert if they are TMC enabled.

As far as I am aware the speed camera notifications are part of the modified firmware in the Mk4 unit but I am not sure how this relates to the map disc that you use.
Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 19:49   #14
Moonshine Mark

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw View Post
Thanks for that.
Mine is the MGR version with the 4 3 screen and single tuner but the screens I see are the same. I can select the items to be reported ok but when I go to the service selection screen and select RDS-TMC it comes up with the message "Note: No RDS-TMC function available"
I just don't know why.
Brian I have been reading up on this on some BMW forums and it appears the files that you identified earlier can be present on both TMC and non-TMC discs which confuses the situation.

Unfortunately my system uses a DVD disc, otherwise I would have suggested trying my disc in your car to see if TMC worked.
Old 10th June 2018, 22:38   #15
brianw
Gets stuck in

It's all a bit confusing at first. When I saw that the disks I had contained all the tmc events on them I assumed they were enabled for tmc. I think perhaps that they do not contain the lookup tables or they are not linked internally in the file/s hence my receiving the message "RDS-TMC not available" I had wondered if that. Could have been due to poor signal or bad antenna connection although the radio seems fine.
I have a 2005 disc which has worked with TMC on a members car now to try and I do not get that message any more. The TMC at the bottom of the screen has not gone green yet and I have seen no notifications of incidents but I was only parked outside my house although I did put a route in. I will try it out on my journeys to and from work and see what I find.
Fingers crossed.
Then it is a case of finding the latest tmc enabled CD for a mk 3 unit.
I have emailed to ask about the suitability of the CD in the link below:

http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/id4....021/category=0

Will see how it turns out.
Edit:
I have now heard back from Rusty at satnavupgrades.co.uk
The last year that TMC was available on CD was 2009.
So it seems I was chasing rainbows looking for a later disk for the mk3 unit with TMC enabled.
Brian

Last edited by brianw; 11th June 2018 at 16:43..
Old 13th June 2018, 06:30   #16
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

You must have either the BM24/54 tuner or have Classic FM selected.
The TMC icon does in fact turn green, perhaps it only does this while receiving data. But it definitely turns green
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 18:28   #17
brianw
Gets stuck in

IWell I have gone green at last!
Or rather the TMC at the bottom of the screen has.
Criswell kindly brough around a 2006 BMW disc that he had and as soon as it was put in the TMC went green and within a few seconds we started seeing the icons appearing on the map screen indicating traffic problems.
Very satisfying.
Thanks Gary.
Brian
Old 13th June 2018, 18:41   #18
Moonshine Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
You must have either the BM24/54 tuner or have Classic FM selected.
The TMC icon does in fact turn green, perhaps it only does this while receiving data. But it definitely turns green
Or use an audio source other than Radio and have Classic FM in your presets

Brian I am glad you have got to the bottom of your problem, just goes to show the BMW forums are right and the TMC data can still be held within a disc that is not TMC enabled... Sure they do these things to confuse us all!
Old 14th June 2018, 12:10   #19
Criswell

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT

Quote:
IWell I have gone green at last!
Or rather the TMC at the bottom of the screen has.
Criswell kindly brough around a 2006 BMW disc that he had and as soon as it was put in the TMC went green and within a few seconds we started seeing the icons appearing on the map screen indicating traffic problems.
Very satisfying.
Thanks Gary.
Brian
Thanks Brian, it's was pleasing to know that the system is fine and it was just a disc issue. Great to know that a fellow member and thoroughly decent chap lives only a minute away from my front door.

Gary
Criswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 13:07   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
I agree it would be good to hear from someone who has it working.
From what I have read it was traffic master that was turned off but that could be wrong.

That is correct, only some cars were fitted with that completely separate option - a tiny unit just behind the dash, which shows any issues on the graphic display of the hi-line dash.

It was gradually turned off around the UK and I last saw any messages a few years ago.

The system being discussed here, is the TMC which is silently transmitted via the FM radio system, providing a list of any issues and the type of issue.

The inbuilt TMC system of my Radioguy system, came into operation just last Friday, to warn me of an accident just ahead of me on the A168, heading for the A1(M), which was causing major holdups. I followed its suggested diversion, which just took me on a circular route and back to the place I had left on the A168 to rejoin the queue. Rather than rejoin the queue, I opted to ignore the satnav and follow a parallel road, cutting out around 4 miles of the queue - rejoining it just before the accident.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote