Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th April 2019, 00:57   #1
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Default BM54 housing

I wonder what other members have done when then swapped their Rover tuners for BM54 units in relation to the housing the tuner sits in? The BM54 tuner is slightly bigger than the Rover unit and on the tourer at least the BM54 doesn't fit into the original Rover housing in the boot. I guess its the same for the saloon. I know there is a housing part from BMW which fits the car and also the BM54 unit, but this part is almost impossible to find. The only option would seem to be to cut the original Rover housing with an angle grinder? Is that what people have done? If so where did you make the cut, on the long or short section on the housing? It would be good if we could find someone to make a housing which fits the bolt holes in the car and which fitted the BM54 unit. I guess quite a few members who would buy one if they were available.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 07:25   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

there was towards the end a rover bracket for this type of module as rover fitted a slightly larger module towards end of production.these are long gone i nearly got one after years of looking to find the car and bracket had been scrapped.all i did in the end was cut the bracket on a corner allowing it to spring open. fitted the module then then put some cable ties around it.it did not move in four years and with the cover over it you will not see it.hope this helps