Notices

Old 4th March 2022, 20:12   #164171
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
But I am go to be waiting for my head operation which will take me weeks and will remove most of my work as people can go to someone else, they can get someone to choose someone new and I .lcan be unworkable for the long time
If I dont get into this time , otherwise could even go until. next year before starting work.
Work can wait Richard, you need to get yourself put right first, you have had a life changing experience, dont try and rush things, the main thing is your still here, the rest will come back given time.
Old 5th March 2022, 05:40   #164172
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
But I am go to be waiting for my head operation which will take me weeks and will remove most of my work as people can go to someone else, they can get someone to choose someone new and I .lcan be unworkable for the long time
If I dont get into this time , otherwise could even go until. next year before starting work.
Morning Richard, the point Andy makes is a strong point and what about driving, have you been given the all clear to return to driving? I am not here to have a go at you as I know you are doing your best for yourself and the family. The completion of the repairs to your skull is very important to achieve for you and your image. It should not be delayed because work is a priority. It’s only my opinion, but what do I know.

Feeling depressed? or having suicidal thoughts? if I may suggest, get professional help through your GP and mental health services.

Take care
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 05:42   #164173
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all, what’s everyone up to?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 06:47   #164174
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all from sunny Cornwall.

Car cleaning duties today. Then I’m off for a nice walk around the local area.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 07:48   #164175
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Morning folks from a drizzly Norfolk. One of my kids (35 year old but they are still kids right ?) is currently on a skiing "holiday" in Poland, next to the Ukraine border!!! A couple of years ago, she had a nasty fall whilst skiing and broke her upper arm, quite badly, resulting in a big surgery to reinforce and pin the bone with a steel support, leaving her with a 9" scar on her arm. She gave me the flight number, to track her outward journey and the plane was a 737MAX !!! Add to that, the current situation (and Covid etc.) just a few miles east of where they are and .................... "Don't worry dad. It'll be fine!" Their flight home is tonight and I will be very glad when I can give her a hug!
Old 5th March 2022, 08:07   #164176
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Wet here in Suffolk so a day in the garage finishing off putting some old leaded glass into some frames I've made. Nothing fancy I hasten to add.

I've also going to download the video of the hedgehogs we have in the garden. We spotted four the other night. Not unusual.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 08:47   #164177
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Bright sunshine & blue skies here, There is even a bit of warmth to the sunshine too. Need to go & get some 75ltr bags of compost before it's too late as that's going to cease being sold shortly, Between 2022-2024 Peat compost will be phased out & only peat free compost can be sold, More & more retailers are already discontinuing it
All to do with this here Net Zero climate change we're signed up to, 250000 Hectares of UK peat land has to be restored.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 5th March 2022 at 10:03.. Reason: getting dumber by the day
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 10:41   #164178
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Richard, the point Andy makes is a strong point and what about driving, have you been given the all clear to return to driving? I am not here to have a go at you as I know you are doing your best for yourself and the family. The completion of the repairs to your skull is very important to achieve for you and your image. It should not be delayed because work is a priority. It’s only my opinion, but what do I know.

Feeling depressed? or having suicidal thoughts? if I may suggest, get professional help through your GP and mental health services.

Take care
I need to do something to speak to my customers and explain the situation, I speak to the doctor in April but don't know when they fit me for operation before they ordered it to USA, If I don't speak to the customers personal, I could end up with alot new customers with someone new and being less without my own work. I have to gate a getting my allowed to drive for me to meet all the customers so they know what my ùsers are for me.
Without this makes me feel luck as if the customers could just leave me for someone else.
I can't ask the wife to do this for me as she has enough to do with help me anyway, I need to do it myself as the start back to won can be this time next year which will kill my work properly.
Old 5th March 2022, 15:33   #164179
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Yet another dreary old day today, unusual for us to get two days in a row like this..
After passing the Caldecotte arms the other day I had more thoughts of past meets brought back to me last night when Susan Calman visited Sammy Miller's motorcycle museum in the New Forest as part of her TV travel series, I remember I organised a couple of regional meets there and we had something like 65 cars attend at one of them.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 17:44   #164180
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Ros's birthday today so made a Prawn Cocktail and Ribeye Steak for dinner tonight

IMG_4014-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
IMG_4020-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr