Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th November 2021, 13:13   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Unhappy Migrants crossing the channel

Why is this still happening? We should have taken control of this, unfortunately it looks as if it’s getting worse. One reason touted why we are attractive to these illegal migrants, is that they can easily disappear into our grey economy.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 13:38   #2
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Good question Michael and your surmise is most likely correct, and they will not be subject to immediate vaccination or any medical checks so will no doubt delivering parcels or takeaways to an address near you any time soon. Chris.S. P.S I have just subjected some poor minion at the local Conservative office to a 15 minutes diatribe on the subject and the cost in electoral support and adverse general and world opinion that would be the least the Government could expect. He agreed.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 14:22   #3
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It is still happening because Macron is up for election very soon and either way has a battle on his hands. Add to that the collective view of support for an ex-member of the Union and consider the current blind eye being offered.

In international law it is primarily a French problem which should be resolved by EU. It’s a strange thing that when UK was a member we were told the responsibility resides with the country of entry into the EU. There are several countries between UK and the entry point into EU. Every one of them between entry and Calais has ushered and aided the travellers ever onwards. Meanwhile, Brussels looks on and laughs.

History, especially the European flavour, always repeats ad nauseum.
Old 25th November 2021, 15:11   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Whilst it is true that France does have some form re border control going back over the last century and before it does have a point along with other EU members about the UK's inaction over the pull factor. The expenses fiddlers really do seem to take the taxpayer for granted over this issue in particular. Maybe their perception of the sustainability of it stems from an addiction of some if not many of them to the teat of the public payroll.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 15:19   #5
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Whilst it is true that France does have some form re border control going back over the last century and before it does have a point along with other EU members about the UK's inaction over the pull factor. The expenses fiddlers really do seem to take the taxpayer for granted over this issue in particular. Maybe their perception of the sustainability of it stems from an addiction of some if not many of them to the teat of the public payroll.
Whilst your post and previous ones cover the issue rather well. However, the talk of a high wage/salary workforce (latest buzzword) will obviously be of a higher attraction than some other EU countries were ID cards are compulsory.

Add in free health care (they will not be tax payers in the black economy), more freedoms, not be executed for rape and only have laughable sanctions when caught via criminal activity (because they don't exist) and it's a wonderful life!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 18:24   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

It is awful that so many lost their lives in such a dreadful way.

Why do they feel the need to come here illegally instead of legally?
What is the problem in their own country that makes them want to leave? Is this where the world needs to bring change?

If they arrive illegally and then marry a UK citizen or give birth in the UK, does that give them the right to stay? If it does then perhaps this is a rule we need to change?
Certainly if they commit crime deport them.

How many illegally arrived people do we deport each year?

It concerns me that these people may be facing all sort of dangers to get here, spend all their money to get here and then we poo on them. On the News there have been reports of staff shortages in low paid jobs. I am infuriated that we have people drawing the dole and not working when they are fit to work. What it does show, is that we need a foreign workforce, so perhaps they don't need to as has been suggested, disappear into a grey economy. This however would be "rewarding" breaking the law

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 18:30   #7
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default Illegals

OK the now for my two penny worth.

I believe that the inactivity of not stopping the flow of immigrants is because of the following reasons.

When the UK was controlled by the EU, there was an agreement signed that EU countries would be made to take a number if immigrants, When the UK left the EU they were still bound by this agreement.. Since then the UK government have been trying to pass thru parliament a Bill to annul this aforementioned agreement. This has been presented to Parliament several times, But every time it has been defeated/blocked by opposition parties.

This is why we see countless numbers of illegals entering the country who are there for only one reason.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 18:33   #8
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

It is amazing that with today's technology we cannot keep these people out, how many German soldiers crossed the Channel during WW2?
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 18:42   #9
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
If they arrive illegally and then marry a UK citizen or give birth in the UK, does that give them the right to stay?
Neither gives them the automatic right to stay in the UK, anybody coming into the country has to apply to remain here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 View Post
how many German soldiers crossed the Channel during WW2?
I suspect laying minefields in the channel would raise a few eyebrows.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 18:45   #10
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
What it does show, is that we need a foreign workforce, so perhaps they don't need to as has been suggested, disappear into a grey economy. macafee2

If you're seking asylum apparently you can't apply for a job, yet we have a skill shortage. Many of these migrants are highly skilled and came here to work. Does that make any sort of sense to anyone outside of no. 10?