Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th December 2018, 16:07   #21
respace
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Love the green dials, never understood why we have digital dials and analogue on such a retro style car.
Back in the 70s you could get BRG light and BRG dark, yours looks like the darker to me.
respace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 11:29   #22
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Thanks Rick

The Pop behind featured on the cover of the second issue of Street Machine, back in 1978 and inspired me to build my own. Although living in N.London I became a member of the Essex Popular Front (I mention this because of your location) - nearby to you, Stanford Le Hope was Pop HQ

Having completed the Pop my girlfriend made a good case for a car of her own so we paid £375* in 1980 for a rust bucket of a Capri and spent a year of nights and weekends on the build. In 81/82 both our cars featured jointly at a number of indoor shows including one in Copenhagen - the organisers gave us a free holiday in Rhodes - cheaper than keeping us in Denmark. Pop was sold to fund our first house in 1984 and the Capri went in 1996. By then it was BMW red with 1600GT/auto from a 1970 Mk1 Capri. Seats were recovered Dolomite Sprint. It's been off the road in storage since I believe.

* today £375 can buy an MOT'd R75. A show quality Capri will fetch over £10k. We sold for £2k.
Ah that's very close, I'm in Corringham right next to Stanford Le Hope

It's crazy how much the old fords go for now, especially when you think years ago people were buying them as cheap run arounds.

Quote:
Love the green dials, never understood why we have digital dials and analogue on such a retro style car.
Back in the 70s you could get BRG light and BRG dark, yours looks like the darker to me.
It's to keep up with the times, would have looked very out dated if we had analogue mileage and trip readouts on these cars. I personally really like the mix between retro and modern features.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 13:22   #23
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

I really fancy some of the black Mustang dials with white needles. Just remembered I'd forgotten to arrange to come and see you for the indicator tell-tale flasher so hopefully we can combine the two.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote