Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2016, 22:19   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Brake pedal judder & pulsing under foot, ABS light ok and passes the initial start up, on for few seconds then off, only happens when coming to stop so slow speed between 10 -3 mph, no judder or pulsing braking from 60 to 40 etc at high speed , this as not happened today but last week still investigating.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:22   #12
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Is that not down to the custard cream steering wheel, and the lack of service history and second key though

Brian
Could very well be

It forgets the idea, not long after it has had it, lack of confidence perhaps

Perhaps the confidence, is actually in the service pack
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:23   #13
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default New Radiator

Yesterday...fitted new radiator to the V6. What a time consuming and boring job!
Pin hole sized hole but a large crusted pink stain so discretion the better part of valour.

For those that have not..
Drain fluid
Bumper off
Lights off
Crash bar off
Unbolt expansion tank
Unbolt air con pipe holder
Unbolt bonnet slam panel and remove to top of engine thus avoiding disconnecting bonnet release cable
Cut out bits of radiator fan housing to get round aircon ( canny Scot avoiding regas costs.. )
Remove oil cooler pipes from front and tie back out of way
Disconnect and remove fan and housing.
Unbolt oil and aircon radiators
Un bolt old radiator after disconnecting coolant pipes top and bottom
Careful remove radiator
Phew...half done.
Reverse of above
Refill carefully using correct procedure to avoid airlocks.

Very time consuming for such a tiny problem but worth pointing out that most other cars probably involve just as much.
Good thing though is that all the bolts and nuts refitted with copper grease and any that were not good replaced. At least when it has to come off again it will come off easily!

Well, that was Sunday...interrupted by a very important activity...playing with toy cars with my grandsons! Priorities and all that!

Funnily enough his Dinky mini spends a lot of time on the ramp of my old wooden garage.
The garage my mother and father made for me 47 years ago is still giving excellent customer service!

Last edited by Astraeus; 7th March 2016 at 22:26..
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:49   #14
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Wellllll, not today but yesterday I had to disconnect the battery due to the offside headlight randomly flashing on (with the ignition off) and illuminating the house opposite. Earlier the offside rear and repeater indicator lamps were permanently on.

This is probably connected with ..................the rainwater coming in through the blanking plate under the bonnet release.
You need to check your LSM unit ASAP - it could be getting wet and going haywire. These things can start a fire when they get wet, so please check it urgently.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:52   #15
Retrorob
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Air Bag warning light again. I fix it stays off for a while then its back at least I know where the problem is. When its warmer will have to change the connector. Just need it to stay off for the MOT.
Retrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:53   #16
Hantsdave
Loves to post

2004 CDTi SE TOURER

Not so much the 75... but it broke MY heart when having spent many days cleaning up an inherited mess of an acid covered abs/abs brackets/top of gearbox/battery brackets/abs loom etc. etc. as I was refitting all the replaced/repaired bits I discovered a nearly worn through fuel return hose.

Local breakers don't have one so going to have to make something up. It must be love.
Previously owned..Austin Mini Countryman, Austin 1100 VDP, Princess 2200HL (x2), Ambassador VDP, TR7, Triumph Stag, Rover 820, Rover 216 GSi, Rover 420D, Rover 600 Si, Rover 600 GSi, Montego GSi, Rover 216 cabriolet, Jaguar XJ6 Gold, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Tourer CDTi (x3), Rover 75 CDT x 2, Rover 75 Connie V6, Rover 45. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 x 2, Jeep Chrokee KK Plus a few other foreign ones I'm too embarrassed to mention..
Hantsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 23:17   #17
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Yesterday my intermittent rear number plate light went out and stayed out, bulb is fine, lovely annoying light on dash. Today, before I could fix it my eldest got out of the rear and as she slammed the door shut I heard the sound of the chrome interior door handle ping off onto the floor!

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 23:49   #18
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Funnily enough nothing broke but I did think I had a problem, my indicators were clicking rapidly when I turned them on....forgot to reattach the multi plug when I put my bumper back on

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 06:42   #19
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Another little blow on the exhaust. Never mind though, I've got my eye on a nice SS cat-back from MIJ as soon as I can afford it .... which will be a while as I'm almost due belts and water pump. Hopefully replacing the pump will sort out the coolant loss. In the meantime I'm doing the usual: looking for external leaks (none obvious), changing the filler cap (and replacing the rings on the old one so I have a spare) and wondering about getting the manifold gaskets and O rings replaced while it's in bits for the other job.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 07:52   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Fuel gauge not working properly on the V8. Had to find a garage that could cure the problem, £45 later and all's well. Thanks Esso.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote