Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th June 2010, 18:40   #31
markb63
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 +

met both mick and jdcom at the midlands nano, both really nice people and gentlemen to boot , they were not happy with certain aspects of this site and decided to set up there own forum , if you are not happy with something and a change is not on the cards ..... you move on . good luck i say i will be keeping in touch with both ex members

just a thought do we get banned if we also join the other site ?????

Last edited by markb63; 4th June 2010 at 18:45..
Old 4th June 2010, 18:47   #32
MOA

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb63 View Post

just a thought do we get banned if we also join the other site ?????

Hopefully not as its our choice if we join the new forum or not! It would be a bit like Facebook banning you if you use Twitter!
Old 4th June 2010, 18:53   #33
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Hope not it cost me a tenner ! no on a serious note I think I shall not enter this conversation as it seems to be going downhill rapidly !
Old 4th June 2010, 18:55   #34
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOA View Post
Hopefully not as its our choice if we join the new forum or not! It would be a bit like Facebook banning you if you use Twitter!
MOA - you have 3 posts in almost a year, all of them troll posts - consider this a warrning - if you cannot contribute to a decent debate please desists from sticking your oar in.

in banana veritas
Old 4th June 2010, 19:03   #35
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

Its always sad when friends fall out, does that mean people from the new site, wont be able to attend the national meets, or local meets, so more bad feeling doesnt happen,that would be a shame as well,as we,ve made lots of new friends, through this forum and wouldnt like to now have to take sides,
But then obviously we dont know whats happened, and if people have tried to damage the club or bring it in disrepute, then obviously we wouldnt be very impressed either,
Human nature makes us fall out with friends,but Im a friendly person,as most of you know, and I HATE falling out with people, it gives me a nasty taste in my mouth
If the details of what had happened were posted, giving both sides of the greivences then people could decide where their loyalties lay,

my personal concern is, if I join the new forum will I be banned from here,I wouldnt want that to happen,
Old 4th June 2010, 19:05   #36
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
MOA - you have 3 posts in almost a year, all of them troll posts - consider this a warrning - if you cannot contribute to a decent debate please desists from sticking your oar in.
possibly a bit harsh .
the problem is ,as with a lot of things ,dissagreements about direction happen all the time . hence this clubs breakaway from .org..
what worries me is if these splits happen too much ,everyone gets fed up with it and members from all the forums/clubs start to leave and it could end with them all going out of existance. i hope this doesn't happen but it's a possiblilty.
if this debate gets too heated then i can see the above happening and it will be to the detriment of everyone. i hope any differences can be sorted before any severe problems come out.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:09   #37
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Hi All,
It is a great shame that this has come about and like many I was oblivious to any under lying problems existing in the club. It has always appeared to be run by a very friendly and happy bunch, so it is very sad indeed that divisions so serious have arisen and broken up a fine team.
It is to be hoped that all can co-exist in the future and even get together to iron out the problems that have brought about this major upset.
I wish all parties well and that the main purpose of the Club is not lost in that we should always be ensuring that the interests of the 75 and ZT cars take presidence at all times with the objective of ensuring their long term future always at the center the Clubs activities.
It is always to be expected that problems may arise from time to time and that some people will feel that they are being overloaded one way or another. That is the time to ask for extra help should it be needed, and I'm sure there are many members who could lend a hand from time to time and give extra help as and when needed.
A great shame this has happened, but let us hope the Club can go forward in the spirit that I'm sure is intended by all involved.
Regards,
Telfer
Old 4th June 2010, 19:13   #38
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I'm just a member here no one important but I would hate to see this site fall apart. Frustrations in some areas are obviously running high. To ensure people don't jump the gun or say things out of turn that could be regretted then maybe we should hold our council until a proper statement and the clubs thoughts are clarified.

Just a thought

Old 4th June 2010, 19:19   #39
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

There is not much to debate really. We now have another site we can use to chat about our cars on. having said that the other site can't be new as some people have already posted a LOT.. I'm going to have my work cut out catching up!

Personally I will read and chat on both sites.. I still use the Citroen and Honda sites as well, and have friends on there..

I now need to find a combined cars n glamour girl site.. heh heh.. Give my memory a jog!
Old 4th June 2010, 19:20   #40
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I'm just a member here no one important but I would hate to see this site fall apart. Frustrations in some areas are obviously running high. To ensure people don't jump the gun or say things out of turn that could be regretted then maybe we should hold our council until a proper statement and the clubs thoughts are clarified.

Just a thought
if the club make a statement it needs to be soon ,so this can be put to bed ,for the betterment of everyone
Closed Thread