Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th June 2016, 15:29   #1
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default V6 fuel consumption on LPG

I have been interested in recent questions about the V6 and its fuel consumption figures. Over the past couple of weeks I have been recording things very carefully. This includes a wide mixture of driving including commuting, leisure weekend stuff and a 260 round trip from here to visit our son in RAF Lossiemouth.
As my car runs on LPG I was particularly interested in the comparisons between it and the diesel unit.

Now the facts over just short of 500 miles. This has worked out at exactly 23.8 miles per gallon. That perhaps does not sound great but that has been the truth. However as this was running on LPG this equates to an equivelant in cost comparison with the diesel of

Lpg @0.49 p per litre equals £2.23 per gallon
Diesel @ 1.08 per litre equals £4.92 per gallon.

Given some folk claim to get 48 MPG figures overall on diesel I will base it on that

Roughly speaking the cost of running my V6 compared to running a diesel is actually ( talking purely fuel here) about the same.

This is more or less what I expected. Given that LPG returns slightly less MPG shown in the 23.8 ( with petrol a bit more)

So there you go ....about exactly the same as a diesel, if anything a bit better..

Given that V6 purr that is...
Footnote...this includes the cost of and mileage of petrol used! In summer months mine runs on petrol for maybe 1 minute before switch over first start in morning almost instant thereafter.

Chris

Last edited by Astraeus; 12th June 2016 at 15:33..
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote