Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st December 2019, 13:01   #1
frostybot1977
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Default 3 Days of Rain = Problems Galore

As the title suggests we've had 3 days of rain in Exeter and I've just gone to change my air filter to find a number of other issues.

First of all I had to turn the car around as it was facing down hill and the bonnet wouldn't stay up. This is the first time this has happened.

On starting the car I now a have an ABS fault. I've disconnected the battery at the moment in the hope this might clear.

I checked the plenums (I'd already done this 2 months ago, but my parking space is under a tree). There was no water at the bottom of the plenum, but the Cabin filter was soaking wet from top to bottom. I don't understand how. I've put some fish tank filter foam at the sides of the plenum to stop leaves going down there now.

Last week I changed the rear light gaskets as I had a wet boot, however today I found the sides (behind the lights) were wet again. It felt like water is getting in via the bolts that hold the boot lid in place. They were really tight and I could hardly tighten them any more, so not sure if the leak will stop or not now.

Any advice on any of these will be greatly appreciated. I have a 2 day drive to France starting tomorrow.

1st - Rover 420 SLi 2.0 Petrol Hatchback - 2005
2nd - Rover 45 Impression 2.0 Turbo Diesel Hatchback - 2011
3rd - Rover 75 Mk1 Club 2.0 Turbo Diesel Tourer - 2012
4th - MG ZT Mk2 CDTi 2.0 Turbo Diesel Saloon - 2016
5th - Rover 75 Mk1 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 Petrol Saloon - 2019
frostybot1977 is offline   Reply With Quote