Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th June 2017, 10:21   #1
Unomatt
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Default Can any tourer owners help me?

Has anything snapped off in my boot where the warning triangle is kept! Also, what screws hold this trim on, mine appear to be missing!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Unomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 10:24   #2
Unomatt
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Hmm, pictures won't show. It's the fixings behind the warning triangle that hold the trim to the metal and at the left and right of the warning triangle aperture there's a rectangular hole and what looks like an area where plastic has snapped off below it.
Unomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 21:28   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

I can't access the pictures either.

The tailgate trim main panel is held in place by 4 screws, two either side in the 'bottom'of the warning triangle storage place. These need to be removed before prizing away all the plastic clips around the edge of the plastic panel from the metal frame of the tailgate.

Viewed from the rear, the bit that looks like a bit of plastic has broken off, on the offside, is where the emergency opening pull 'cord', green plastic, should be for manually releasing the main tailgate lock.

On previous removal/replacement of the trim, by a previous owner, it hasn't been replaced. It will be lying around inside the cavity behind the trim.
On replacing the panel, the pulling end of the chord should be passed rearwards through the hole, the panel reclipped in place, and the 4 screws fitted and tightened.

The cord should then be pushed back ( forwards) into the hole until the end puller can then be offered back to the hole and pressed/snapped into place.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote