Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2017, 16:45   #1
ROCKYTHECAT

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default rear window glass estate

Hi does anyone no if you can adjust the rear window glass on an estate as I can push one side down at least half an inch .This is causing the window to lift up when driving on motorways an putting the window/door warning light on the dash.Cheers
ROCKYTHECAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 17:35   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYTHECAT View Post
Hi does anyone no if you can adjust the rear window glass on an estate as I can push one side down at least half an inch .This is causing the window to lift up when driving on motorways an putting the window/door warning light on the dash.Cheers
do you need a new seal??
Old 28th March 2017, 15:47   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default Tourer Tailgate Glass Window Adjustment

You can adjust them by loosening the small screws that secure the hinge/base-plate to the window's metal support frame. I adjusted mine a couple of years ago.
Before loosening the screws, mark both hinges positions so you can at least go back to the starting position on each hinge. I used a soft leaded pencils which can easily be rubbed off afterwards. The screws you can see screw into 'floating' nuts withing the window's metal support frame.

You should be able to see how the window is not central just by checking the gaps between each side, the top and bottom of the window and the surrounding metal frame of the tailgate. From this, you should then be able to assess which way it needs to be moved and by how much.

To actually do the adjustment, I opened up the tailgate fully, and then opened the window fully, with it's bottom edge now uppermost 'leaning' over towards the front of the car I placed a piece of carpet upside down on the roof to protect the paint and placed wooden blocks between the carpet backing and the lower edge of the glass to support it whilst the screws were being undone, glass adjusted and the screws re-tightened.

From memory, there was a bit of 'give'on the hinges which allowed me to loosen and adjust one hinge a a time, rather than both together. You should not need a new seal.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote