Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th April 2015, 20:00   #1
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Tourer Tailgate wont open

Hi all,
as the title says my tailgate wont open from outside. Luckily the release button in the front works. As such I'm pretty sure its not the weather seal on the boot plinth, although I will check tomorrow. I will also try disconnecting the battery too.
Does anyone else have any ideas?
I think it may be the actual switch, but I'm hoping its going to be an easy fix.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2015, 16:24   #2
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Smile Tourer tailgate release

Sometimes the rubber weather cover where you press under the chrome number plate top-cover, comes adrift and ends up jamming the lever you normally press "through the rubber".
Try removing the rubber seal with a small screwdriver or long-nosed pliers, and then re-try. It should be free then. Then replace the rubber seal in it's correct position.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2015, 19:22   #3
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks, I tried that this morning. It don't think it was the seal as it didn't seem to make any difference. However, the more I fiddled with it, it started to operate.
I had sprayed it with WD40 last night, through the drainage holes, so maybe that helped. I sprayed it with contact cleaner after removing the weather seal and its been behaving itself all day.
I think I will see about a micro switch when I'm next at a scrap yard, if theres a tourer there!

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Old 12th April 2015, 19:36   #4
simon.jane
Loves to post

we have a 75 connoisseur cdt se saloon and a 75 conniosser se cdt tourer

I have one in my back garden if you would like it just cover the postage and it yours.
Old 12th April 2015, 19:52   #5
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Thank you, let me know much for postage & I'll pay. I don't suppose you are going to the Kings Lynn meet, or Duxford in May?

Thanks,

Rob

MODS DONE;

Old 12th April 2015, 19:56   #6
simon.jane
Loves to post

we have a 75 connoisseur cdt se saloon and a 75 conniosser se cdt tourer

We are going to Duxford in may
Old 14th April 2015, 09:16   #7
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Sorry for the delay, I ended up in hospital yesterday afternoon. We are going to Duxford 3rd May. We could sort it out there if you like?

Rob

MODS DONE;