Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th October 2019, 07:45   #1
Russel
Loves to post

Mg zt-t

Unhappy Personal choice

I love my zt-t but I can't afford to keep chasing issues I need something a little less costly so in January when the mot is up I will decide what to do with her

Btw this is the best bunch of people I have ever met all so helpful and someone always there for advice
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 09:30   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
I love my zt-t but I can't afford to keep chasing issues I need something a little less costly so in January when the mot is up I will decide what to do with her

Btw this is the best bunch of people I have ever met all so helpful and someone always there for advice
What sort of issues are you "Chasing"?

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 09:33   #3
Russel
Loves to post

Mg zt-t

Airbag parking sensors suspension knocking and banging ASB fault now battery drain And a leak in the boot
Old 10th October 2019, 10:21   #4
Number 6
This is my second home

Quote:
Airbag parking sensors suspension knocking and banging ASB fault now battery drain And a leak in the boot
Oh, OK just a few things to be going on with. But nothing insurmountable

I know they are annoying but you can get these with any car and if you purchase another car it will be an unknown quantity and could have more serious faults. But I do understand your frustration.

I had a serious problem with water going into the oil which was not the HG.I thought about another car but could not decide on a replacement Although I live in France I did not want a French car. So with help from a trader on here I sourced a replacement engine and had it shipped over, Fitted it and now running sweeter than ever. I doubt I would have done the same with any other car

Old 10th October 2019, 10:43   #5
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

had all of them at one time on any of our 3 ZT's, Still got the Knocking despite getting a new MOT recently on the dizzle

all quite simple and known problems to sort out really ..

and what will you replace it with ? another car with potenially unknown issues
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 11:20   #6
Russel
Loves to post

Mg zt-t

My problem is it's one after another after another and the Mrs ain't happy it's always one more thing and one more thing It's not a mint car or a rare car just a really nice drive I'm not sure what I will replace it with maybe a 1.2 something smaller cheaper
Old 10th October 2019, 12:22   #7
Number 6
This is my second home

Quote:
My problem is it's one after another after another and the Mrs ain't happy it's always one more thing and one more thing It's not a mint car or a rare car just a really nice drive I'm not sure what I will replace it with maybe a 1.2 something smaller cheaper
At the end of the day it is your choice,But a 1.2???

Old 10th October 2019, 13:26   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

We have a i30 Tourer which is a 1.4 Petrol and it is boringly reliable. Only issue we have has been a failed coil pack - which was cheap to fix.

On fuel costs it is marginally more expensive than the ZTT cdti but it is a bit cheaper on road fund licence.

I really do enjoy the ZTT but this year it has cost me a fair bit of effort and I still have a few things to do.

So in a few years time - when we go down to one car - I suspect it will be some sort of Korean SUV.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 17:01   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
what's wrong with the air bag?
what have you tried to solve battery drain?
where is the leak from?

have any of these cost you anything to repair?
parking sensors can be problematic and temperamental but may not cost you anything to repair.

What have you repaired and what has been the cost? you need to weigh up cost of repair with cost of replacing and then consider the money you get from the sale of the car which will be without an mot. Is you car much more expensive to run then a 1.2?

if you like to drive the car, what cost do you put on that?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 17:44   #10
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Darcydog, I suspect your i30 cost a good deal more than an average 75/ZT. But it's true what you say about a replacement needing repairs. The cheap 2003 Renault Megane cabrio I bought to get me by while the 75 was having its clutch done (by me - £200-ish for parts), now stands me at a total, including purchase, of around £730, and a day or 2 of my time. It has needed a new silencer, new discs, (which it didn't really need), some touch-up paint, and a new wheel bearing. Oh, and I treated it to an oil and filter change to celebrate it passing its MoT. Apart from the wheel bearing - possibly caused by a rusted and stuck brake pad - it hasn't missed a beat or leaked a drop, either in or out in 8,000miles. So despite it's low mileage, worry-free reliability, lack of rust (on a par with the Rover), and equivalent fuel economy, it's probably the Rover I'll be keeping, having just spent £250 on suspension parts for it, which will need to be fitted for its upcoming MoT. Why? Because surprisingly, it's the Rover that has that certain je ne sais quoi!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote