Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th April 2018, 22:29   #31
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Possibly because there is 2 types from memory, did they send the correct one ? most breakers probably wouldn’t know this.
Mick
One is cylindrical, one is square (ish) you don't need part numbers to identify
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:30   #32
phono

Rover 75 Saloon

hello and thanks again to all,
I checked the wires, it was a little hard until I understood that I need a needle to put in inside the ecu connector. Everything is perfect, like Mike Noc told me. I cleaned again plenum drain holes and I ordered a new filter, mine was dirty...
marinabrian, I looked inside the pedal... is over my powers to understand it ))
I decide to call a friend to send me another used pedal, to be able to return it, without paying anything in case will not work... and after that to order new one from rimmerbross
I hope everything will work ok because I m dead without my beauty...
phono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 15:23   #33
phono

Rover 75 Saloon

I didn't success with old one... I ordered new item... Let's hope it will work now. One question I have, do I need to delete the error (check engine) or is enough to mount new part? I hope until Friday I will receive it
Old 24th April 2018, 15:32   #34
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Once the fault is cleared the check engine light should go out.

I have a Freelander with the same diesel engine (more or less) and when the check engine light came up for low LP fuel pressure the light stayed on even though the original fault was sorted.

Cleared it with my diagnostic kit, but why it didn't sort itself out is a mystery.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 18:14   #35
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Smile

I have read through all the entries above,and nobody has given what I believe to be the reason for the throttle pedal not working. I had the same trouble about 6 to 8 years ago and ended up having to purchase a complete Auto brake pedal and throttle unit for just over £100.

James UK, a now departed member had the same trouble as me and he placed some entries about it on the Forum at that time. .

Inside the "box" on the throttle pedal there are a series of concentric contact strips which make contact with a series of stiff wire brushes which on increasing the throttle opening gives a higher signal to the actual throttle on the engine, thus increasing the engine revs all the way through from idling the maximum revs- over 4K.

I would term this a rotary potentiometer. With the wire brush being continually moved back and forth over the contact strips, - mine had done over 100K miles at the time, - the strip's contact become worn away, so the throttle has a break in the circuitry, giving only idling speed.

I did place some photos with my entry of the time, but now don't have them easily to hand, and would probably be unable to up load them again now.

All pre-used pedal arms are probably near to the end of their useful life, so purchasing MarinaBrian/s pedal arm will rectify the problem and all the warning lights on the instrument panel will disappear immediately, and you will have normal throttle response. again.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 20:59   #36
phono

Rover 75 Saloon

So I need only to wait until my new item arrive, and car must run normally after I will mount it.
Thx again for answers
Old 5th May 2018, 17:10   #37
phono

Rover 75 Saloon

Default I m happy

few minutes ago I mount my new item... everything is working perfect

thanks again for help guys.
Old 6th May 2018, 10:20   #38
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Glad you've got the problem sorted phono, but things like this, and GeoffWW's helpful explanation of what happens, does make me yearn for the 'good' old days when the loss of the throttle meant that the cable had snapped. You knew that was the only possible explanation. A fiver and an hour's swearing, and the job was done. Now, it could be a multitude of possibilities, all expensive. Guess that's progress