Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2017, 16:49   #1
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default 8th MOT Pass thanks to Jules

Hi All,

Well today, I gained my 8th MOT from my Connie SE Tourer, at the same place and by the same examiner as all the others. This was all due to the findings of Jules, last Friday, when I took my car to him for a general look over and a "T4" session just to see what was lurking in my 14 year old car at 130K miles.

He found both of the "Bush and Housing Assemblies - Lower Arms", both worn out, one more than the other. Jules was able to supply new parts and have them fitted, while I was there in Colwyn Bay, by a local garage.

On return from the garage, Jules put the "T4" to work, and a few details came up that one would expect on the engine for a car on mine's age and mileage.
He also spotted "Brake pads wearing thin on front offside brakes", which came up as the first MOT advisory in the 8 years of ownership.

Thank you, Jules, for a wonderful day in Colwyn, and the help and advice you gave me. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to you. I hope you enjoyed the chocolate Biscuits.

(I must add here that I met up with a former work colleague for the latter part of the morning, and we had a good reminiscence over a sandwich, crème cake and cup of froth, in the Debenham's store in Llandudno)

Geoff.https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/i...s/icon_lol.gif
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 20:29   #2
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Hi All,

Well today, I gained my 8th MOT from my Connie SE Tourer, at the same place and by the same examiner as all the others. This was all due to the findings of Jules, last Friday, when I took my car to him for a general look over and a "T4" session just to see what was lurking in my 14 year old car at 130K miles.

He found both of the "Bush and Housing Assemblies - Lower Arms", both worn out, one more than the other. Jules was able to supply new parts and have them fitted, while I was there in Colwyn Bay, by a local garage.

On return from the garage, Jules put the "T4" to work, and a few details came up that one would expect on the engine for a car on mine's age and mileage.
He also spotted "Brake pads wearing thin on front offside brakes", which came up as the first MOT advisory in the 8 years of ownership.

Thank you, Jules, for a wonderful day in Colwyn, and the help and advice you gave me. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to you. I hope you enjoyed the chocolate Biscuits.

(I must add here that I met up with a former work colleague for the latter part of the morning, and we had a good reminiscence over a sandwich, crème cake and cup of froth, in the Debenham's store in Llandudno)

Geoff.https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/i...s/icon_lol.gif
Jules had just finished a 14 hour stretch sorting out my new purchase including an 11pm finish on the Thursday and a couple of hours on Friday morning before starting on your own and your ex colleague's cars.

Nice to see that he still had the energy left to sort you both out.

Car cruised all the way home on the winding North-South Wales roads, fuel economy 42.5mpg on the way up and 47mpg on the way back ( autobox, brim to brim at the pumps) after a split turbo hose replaced and intercooler rings vitonised amongst the other work and servicing carried out.

Last edited by bendrick; 7th December 2017 at 20:44..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote