Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th July 2017, 20:31   #1
Kennarf

Rover 75 Tourer

Question Door check strap rubbing on tourer

Good evening!

I'm continuing to sort through various niggles with my new (to me) tourer. One of these is the rear driver side door check strap thing. This is currently stiff and rubbing (see photo).

As you can see in the photo, the strap runs out of the hole along the bottom in the door, rather than the middle where it should.

Any tips on rectifying this? I'm trying to avoid jumping straight in and pulling the door card off if it's not necessary.
Kennarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 20:32   #2
Kennarf

Rover 75 Tourer

Angry

Sorry about the image size.. uploaded it via my phone!
Old 11th July 2017, 20:26   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hi Kennarf,

Nothing looks majorly wrong to me, other than the 'bar's top face needs cleaning up with some wire wool followed by a light covering of grease especially on the edge face where the "open arrester" wide 'V' edge is.

Once greased, carefully open and close the door a few times taking the 'V' through the sprung rollers on the inner edge of the door. You could spray some lubricant into the door-hole the bar enters as well.

The orange "thing" seen dangling below the opening restrainer bar ( my words), the main bar in the picture, is from I suspect either the interior lock release cable or the window winder. It is definitely nothing to do with the door arrester bar. It should not be protruding through the door card ...... it looks like some home made release cable - a- la BMC Mini mk 1 lock release cable.

Last edited by GeoffWW; 11th July 2017 at 20:49..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 20:58   #4
Kennarf

Rover 75 Tourer

Angry

Geoff, thanks for your reply. I'll grease everything up and have another go with it. I've purchased some door card clips, so will pop that off and check everything is where it should be.