Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2016, 09:02   #1
Lynyrd Skynner
Regional Secretary: South Central

None at the moment

Default BIG thanks to Klarzy..

Thanks to Klarzy I now have a working front door speaker again took a little patience and methodical fault finding but is all sorted and also I now have no lines on the IPK which is great I now know where to look to sort out my air bag light , a module under the carpet drivers side , cant remember its correct name a job for the xmas hols I think , so thanks Pete great job ..
Old 4th December 2016, 15:21   #2
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Smile

You don't need to go under the carpets. I would suggest that you check the blue and yellow connectors mounted on the lower cross-bar beneath the driver's seat. I think that the yellow is for the seat-belt pre-tensioners and the blue connector is the one for the air bags. It is one or the other. the larger black connector is for the electric seat control.

Before doing anything further, just try squeezing the two halves of the connector together, then check if the warning light goes out after about 5 seconds after switching the ignition on. If not extinguished, Switch the ignition off and just release the connector from the rail by turning it through 45 degrees(it will only turn one way) and it will be released from the rail. Open up the two halves of the connector and apply cleaning fluid, or just push the two halves together a couple of times to 'clean' the contacts. That should cure your problem.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:25   #3
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
You don't need to go under the carpets. I would suggest that you check the blue and yellow connectors mounted on the lower cross-bar beneath the driver's seat. I think that the yellow is for the seat-belt pre-tensioners and the blue connector is the one for the air bags. It is one or the other. the larger black connector is for the electric seat control.

Before doing anything further, just try squeezing the two halves of the connector together, then check if the warning light goes out after about 5 seconds after switching the ignition on. If not extinguished, Switch the ignition off and just release the connector from the rail by turning it through 45 degrees(it will only turn one way) and it will be released from the rail. Open up the two halves of the connector and apply cleaning fluid, or just push the two halves together a couple of times to 'clean' the contacts. That should cure your problem.

its the impact sensor thats further under the carpet... not the airbag itself... The SRS ecu cant communicate with it...

after resetting all faults that's the only one which was constant, Steve said he had pulled several litres of water out of the footwell and that the sensor was corroded.

I have advised taking the carpet up, removing the unused loom for the old highline system (now redundant and causing the lost speaker issue..) and taking care of the impact sensor by drying it out in rice and cleaning the connectors up... if not replacing it with a new or used one...

Last edited by klarzy; 4th December 2016 at 15:33..
klarzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:46   #4
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Smile

Hello Klarzy,

There was no mention of the impact sensor problem in Lynyrd's first entry, only the need to "get the air bag warning light problem sorted".
There are hundreds of entries on this forum about the air bag warning light not going out and they all refer first of all to the below seat connector, as I did.

If I had known about the wet carpets, I wouldn't have bothered making my suggestion.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:55   #5
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Hello Klarzy,

There was no mention of the impact sensor problem in Lynyrd's first entry, only the need to "get the air bag warning light problem sorted".
There are hundreds of entries on this forum about the air bag warning light not going out and they all refer first of all to the below seat connector, as I did.

If I had known about the wet carpets, I wouldn't have bothered making my suggestion.
No problem... I thought it was the clockspring at first as Steve had changed the steering wheel not long ago... VT-4 tells all though
Old 4th December 2016, 15:56   #6
Lynyrd Skynner
Regional Secretary: South Central

None at the moment

Well there was mention of it actually as I said I could not remember the correct name of the part which turns out to be a" Impact Sensor"...