Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd April 2016, 13:25   #1
TILTNTURN

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default Front Seat Lumbar support Handle .

My Drivers seat Lumbar support Knob is missing so I was planning on fitting the one from passenger seat but no idea how to remove it .
Has anyone done this or know what tool is required ? Thanks F.
TILTNTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:25   #2
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=45657

I think you have to take the back-board panel off the seat first. I believe the lumbar wheel has a cable which is connected to the lumber mechanism within the seat - and this needs to be unhooked before the lumbar wheel will come off.

All very easy once the back-board is off, but getting the back-board off without breaking any clips can be a bit of a pain - you can see the location of the associated clips and the technique required within the link above.

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:35   #3
TILTNTURN

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default Ah

I just assumed it was connected to a gear . Thanks for that . TMQ.
TILTNTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:01   #4
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default Tight seat Lumbar adjuster

I have just seen the other replies, not there when I started my solution.

The lumbar adjuster is held on as an interference fit. Don't do what I did and try to cut out the centre 'ring/disc'. There is no screw behind it. It is just a very tight fit. When I did mine, some of the Forum replies said "it almost fell off".

You need the seat firmly fixed(in the car) and use two pieces of wood, as levers, about 18 inches in length, thin but wide enough to pass between the back face of the adjuster and the side of the seat, one on the top of the spindle tube and the other below, from opposing sides - like the old tapered forks for breaking track rod ends.

If possible, remove a 1"diameter half-circle about 3 inches from the end edge against the spindle on both pieces to have the levering force through the centre of the spindle and not the top and bottom edges.

Once in place, with both doors wide open, all you need to do is carefully push, with your chest/chin outside the car against the "B " pillar( to stop you flying forward when the adjuster is released) evenly on the ends of each piece of wood. This should release the adjuster.

Last edited by GeoffWW; 3rd April 2016 at 16:33..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:56   #5
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

I have just had a look at the link given by "The Mighty Quinn" above.

Referring to pictures 6 and 7:-

Picture 6 is for a seat carriage adjustment, mounted on the side of the seat base, on the lower spec seats, and is totally different to the lumbar adjuster wheels. The picture shows the centre cap easily removed.

Picture 7 is of a lumbar adjuster. You can see the side of the seat, going up past the adjuster. There is no way the "middle cap" can be removed without damaging it.

Once you have levered the lumbar adjuster off you can use it on the other seat, which should still have the "backing disc" in place. This backing disc is the bit the adjusting wire is connected to to adjust the lumbar panel in the seat back.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote