Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2015, 22:25   #101
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Sorry to hear that you are throwing in the towel. I like many more have never met you but believe me when I say, you will be sorely missed, both for your expertise and humour. I had a possible similar event happen to me when I was at the young age of 34, it taught me that you only get one chance at making a happy time for yourself and family, and if you do not make it happen, no one else can help you to do it. Have a complete month off where you have no contact with anyone but your family and friends. Work out what YOU want to do and do it. It is a revelation what happens when you have no pressure on you from external sources, whatever they may be. You will make some decisions that you never thought you could or would have to.
All the best Brian for the future. Don't leave the fold altogether, come and have a bit of banter on here.
Old 17th October 2015, 23:17   #102
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I will not repeat what others have already said, but add my best wishes to you and yours. I will attach a picture, I hope, if you read this, will bring a grin to your chops.

uploadfromtaptalk1445123827724.jpg

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 23:21   #103
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I will not repeat what others have already said, but add my best wishes to you and yours. I will attach a picture, I hope, if you read this, will bring a grin to your chops.

Attachment 53448
Now that is funny
Old 18th October 2015, 10:05   #104
pln64
Regular poster

rover 75 2.0 v6 saloon

I went to the national meet a couple of weeks ago. While there I asked someone about draining water system. The answer was " go and ask Marina Brian , there's nothing he doesn't know about these cars". I didn't get chance to ask has you were going from car to car with your machine and obviously very busy. It took me having serious health issues to correct my work - life balance. So good luck to you and thanks for advice I have gained from other posts you have helped people with
pln64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 13:18   #105
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Got my first 75 in July, reassured from reading the forum that experts such as you were around to guide if and when help and advice were needed. In 3 months you have sorted my second key, and answered all of my questions quickly, courteously and with authority. Very best wishes for the future, I hope you will find what you need to be happy. Thanks so much for your attention, Like you I love these cars. If you are ever on the Isle of Wight, please give a call, I would love to buy you a beer!

Last edited by Caulkhead; 18th October 2015 at 13:24..
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 13:30   #106
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

I would LOVE to learn something new.

Unfortunately.....even IF the was someone to teach me...........I'm miles away from anyone LOL
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 13:56   #107
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default Sick and tired

Hello Brian,

I have just read through all the above entries as I was underneath my car all yesterday, getting ready for my car's MOT in December.

As with others, you helped me twice directly, once at a North West meet in the summer a couple of years ago,when you came over and spent the whole day helping people for free, with donations for some charity Rich17865 was linked to, and before that with my ECU problems one Christmas/New Year. Without your help, it would have been the end of my 75 ownership.

I can't add anything else to what others have said here, other than I thought you had made a similar decision some time ago but then kept on seeing your Forum entries coming up.

You will be sadly missed, but you have your life to get on with, not for ever tied down sorting other peoples' car troubles.

I wish you the very best of luck for your future.

Geoff
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 17:23   #108
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi Brian.
You'll stlll need to earn a crust for you and your family. Sorry for being nosey, what will you be doing now? All those Philips G8's have dried up
Old 18th October 2015, 17:32   #109
Martin1972
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
it is an important question to the entire membership... how do we keep the invaluable knowledge that these members possess alive???

some of the cars will still be on the road in 10 = 15 years and what will happen when Russ, Phil and others decide to hang up their dongles...

there will come a point when cars are scrapped because we lack the skill base to do these jobs at a sensible cost to the owners...

any suggestions...
Since signing up only a few weeks ago I've been stunned at the time and patience given to me - and my stupid questions - by so many club members. Marinabrian, Doopydug, Klarzy, Radioguy and many more.

I've gone from being completely disinterested in car mechanics to spending hours online trying to learn the basics.

If I can in anyway help to keep this invaluable knowledge alive and available, I will.
Martin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 21:20   #110
Snagger
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT CLUB SE 02

All the best Brian,when it's time to stop, it's time to stop man, hoi the tools.

Whatever you do, don't turn into a Mackem

(This is a bit dated now, but I hope it will put a grin on yer fizzer for a while anyway ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFHsSEDiZg

Best regards, and thanks for all that you have done, from all those you have done it for.

Snagger.

How to remove CDT alternator from top & side :-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=199608

Battery charge light problems on a diesel ?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...3&postcount=64

Diesel charging FBH voltage supply diagram

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ght=cdt+charge

How to identify voltage regulator type diesel

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...56&postcount=3

Snagger is offline   Reply With Quote