Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th August 2015, 17:45   #1
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Default Whoopsy daisy!!!

That's what you get for helping friends eh!!

Just did a Revotec fan swap out for fellow member Andy Cole on his nice and loved white gold V6 with fan kit supplied by Jules Bass, (top bloke by the way)

Everything went swimmingly, all bolts returned to their respective homes and nipped up, front bumper and crash bar fitted back all nicely. Then me thinks, better just close the bonnet to check alignment,,, all perfect.

So then went about cleaning up all the packaging, old fan and gubbins. Washed up hands and put the kettle on for the well earnt cuppa!

Then Andy says, "shall we check the plenums wile were at it?... "Why not" sais I, as he proceeds to pull the bonnet release. .... Have you worked it out yet???

Yep,, I forgot to re attach the divider block to the bonnet release catch! This means the bonnet is remaining shut, much to my dismay!!!! 'Oh dear' I said as I kinda knew what was going to be involved to open the bloomin lid.

With nicely cleaned hands, I go up through the wheel arch access panel and locate the loose end on the release cable and the devider block, but there is no way in this kingdom or the next that I can bring the two back together as the working space is just too small. I have tried to pull the twin cables to the bonnet catches down through the opening to open the bonnet from there but will they come down?? Will they heck!!!

So to all you "bonnet release gurus" out there,,,Please Help, my mate values my friendship but when his windscreen wash runs out, my name will be worse than mud!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.

Last edited by Clickernick; 16th August 2015 at 20:26..
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 18:17   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Unscrew the (bayonet fitting) screenwash bottle filler neck, which will increase access, and have your friend press down on the very leading edge of the bonnet while you pull the loose cable ends with a pair of pliers or similar.

You're not the only one to have made this mistake

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 20:21   #3
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

or use mole grips as you can lock them on and then pull as its difficult given the space available to maintain a grip and pull at the same time

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 17:43   #4
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

i thought things about our vehicles security should never be discussed in open forums or posts.
werdna232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 20:11   #5
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

I wouldn't worry to much, you can't honestly think any unscrupulous persons to show any real interest in our motors. Most folk would simply run away!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 11:20   #6
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Smile

I second Werdna.

Whether our cars are old or not, Most of us take a pride in our cars, and would be devastated if they were stolen.

Sorry Brian and Trebor, but the last thing we want on the forum is a "How to break into our cars".

Geoff.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote