Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2013, 14:53   #1
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Question 2014

I was very pleased to hear at the meet in Wales from Paul that next years National Will be held in conjunction with the Pride of Longbridge on the Saturday and the National to be held on the Sunday the venue is I believe undecided at the moment

Now this is some thing that I have been trying to get the club to do for years we had it there last year and it was very successful and it has been in my thoughts to call this meet the Annual club meet not a national, which to my mind the RS could arranged in their areas, Actros(Brian) has all ready been very successful in doing this up in Yorkshire, and I believe that Redfive(Jan) put on a very good show at the tank museum at Bovington

Just my thoughts
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 09:41   #2
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

Has the "National" ever been in Scotland? How far North has it been held?
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 10:04   #3
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

No we have never been to Scotland, the farthest North has been Cumbria in the Lake District. But as we had never been to Wales until last Sunday, never say never

As for the National being after next years Pride Of Longbridge, we are repeating the pattern of 2012 because of the central location and connection to POL which is always a great event, drawing many members in it's own right.

I have said this before and will say again now, we cannot ALWAYS hold our large Official club meets in the same fixed date and location every year, as that would disadvantage a great many members who could never get the time off, or who could not afford the costs to travel such distance.

Our National meets (and by that I mean club organised gatherings that are intended for all members to attend if they so wish) which we organise bi-yearly must by definition move around the UK and be held on different dates year on year.

I think what Windrush is requesting is that we hold an additional event after POL every year as a third annual club meet? along with the NEC Show we attend.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 13:06   #4
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
No we have never been to Scotland, the farthest North has been Cumbria in the Lake District. But as we had never been to Wales until last Sunday, never say never

As for the National being after next years Pride Of Longbridge, we are repeating the pattern of 2012 because of the central location and connection to POL which is always a great event, drawing many members in it's own right.

I have said this before and will say again now, we cannot ALWAYS hold our large Official club meets in the same fixed date and location every year, as that would disadvantage a great many members who could never get the time off, or who could not afford the costs to travel such distance.

Our National meets (and by that I mean club organised gatherings that are intended for all members to attend if they so wish) which we organise bi-yearly must by definition move around the UK and be held on different dates year on year.

I think what Windrush is requesting is that we hold an additional event after POL every year as a third annual club meet? along with the NEC Show we attend.
Hi Paul, The way I look at it is the pol draws so many members every year and it seems to get bigger every year, and members do travel large distance to attend and as you say it is the most central of the country that we are likely to get and also as you point out as well the cost of fuel gets greater every year,so why not make a Week end of it so we can all have a good time and relax.lets see the response of the 2014 meet
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 19:36   #5
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

POl is a worthy event . i've done all but 2 , i think 2015 will be a 2 day event to mark the 10 ann of POL. we will have to remember that if we're planing anything then

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 07:34   #6
BlueTrophy
Loves to post

Volvo V50!

Just to add my vote - this sounds like a cracking idea.
BlueTrophy is offline   Reply With Quote